Anybody hear of a Carcinoid Tumor?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had bloods done and Dr said blood test for Carcinoid Tumor came back high....Just wondering if any of you ladies have heard of that....Looked it up and its full of hormones and they can remove it and symptoms will be gone...have to get more test done to see if thats whats goin on but just wondered if anyone heard of this before?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Laurie,

How are you? you sound like you're staying positive. great news about the urine analysis; I had the same test and mine was negative too, so far so good. 

Keep smiling! Kerry.

• Posted

Hi Kerry!!!!I seem to have more bad days then good again but im trying to keep goin and not let it get my anxiety all work up....Some days i wake up shaking so bad and just feel yuck....have alot of pressure in head and face and jaw will get that tingle feeling at times and feel like im floating..stress test in tomorrow morn so see what he says...but he thinks it just peri....just goin down list and checking things and all neg so far.....How have you been feeling?
    • Posted

Hi,

sorry you're still having bad days, I'm having more good days than bad at the moment as I've managed to settle my stomach down (have to be really careful what I eat though) but since my periods started up again (didn't have any for 6 months and thought, great it's nearly over-spoke too soon! ) I'm suffering from period pains that last half the month and weak legs. I really hate the weak legs, especially as it boots season now; my legs don't feel like they can lift my feet up!! Have you tried deep breathing for the anxiety and pressure? look uo cardiac coherence on You tube and you can see how to do it. It lowers your cortisol levels (which cause you to be anxious) I find it really helps.

• Posted

Glad to hear your having more good days...wow you went six months and it came back? What a let down..yes i do deep breathing and it helps...i get mad because i dont think im anxious but thats sure what it acts like...but theres times its just there and i have no control over it...i think some of pain and pressure is gas and also muscles cause if i move arms just right i have popping in my chest... just little pops but my hubby can even here it....lol  Thanks for telling me about breathing!!!!

• Posted

Hi Kerry

i did that had a period March 2013 went six months of none the  Sept 2013 had one more .. 😩

then none.. Post menopause now ( 15 months no period total to date) 

maybe you could be same 😃

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay,

wish it were true but I've just had 3 periods, the monthlies seem to be back! it's such a bummer. I'm 52 but my body isn't getting the message! just have to grin and bear it. Can't wait to be in your shoes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.