Anyone doing well on sertraline 75mg’s for anxiety and stayed at that dose?

Posted , 8 users are following.

After experiencing most side effects known to this drug, I’m finally doing fairly well on 75mg’s.  

Started with 25 x 10 days, 50 x 5 weeks and now at 75mg for 10 days.

GP’s plan was to go to 100mg expecting that to be the maintenance dose but I think i’ll stay at 75.

Is it too early to know?

Thoughts, experiences ?

Thanks!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Tammy, I’m so glad you’re doing so well on sertraline! How long did your side effects last for please?x
    • Posted

Hi Belle,

Nausea was the first few days on 25mg’s.

I experienced the other side effects when increased to 50mg’s- the initial surges lasted a few days, headache about a week,  low mood 2 days, insomnia up until the last few nights so the 75mg’s is curbing the sleep issue and the anxiety.

Hope that helps xx

• Posted

Did you get side effects when you went up to 75mg?
    • Posted

I got worse side effects increasing than I did when starting, but they only lasted about 2 weeks!

I increased to 75mg for 1 week then 100mg for another week though. Still get anxiety but only with a trigger, it doesn't haunt my thoughts constantly anymore.

• Posted

Hi Kerry,

No most of the side effects were with the first increase to 50.  It took about a week at 75 for the sleep and anxiety to settle.  From what I’ve learned it takes generally about 6 weeks to finally feel better then it’s just tweeking the dose if needed after that.

• Posted

Hello yes I've just started on 75mgs I'm taken half a tablet in the morning and then 50mgs early evening I hope and pray this will lift my mood and anxiety 😅

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.