anyone else

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys and girls i have been dealing with ocd and panic disorder for yrs in November i had a near mental breakdown i have gotten tons better which im comfortable with. Except ever since my mental breakdown i will get memory recalls about certain things that I lived though during the mental breakdown as an example a certain person that I had spoken to during that horrible time once a memory has been recalled ill become very anxious as it reminds me of how scared i felt back then I also feel a very strong feeling of that event happening in the present i realise its not really happening but I still have that strong feeling of past becoming present this can last hours into the next day. Does anyone experience this about traumatic things thats happened to them? Is this a flashback? Ive tried to explain this to my psychiatrist but he puts it down to my ocd but im not even obsessing about anything when it happens? Really need some advice

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

how are you doing?
    • Posted

Hi jp how are you , I'm still feeling bad I'm obsessed that I've got a brain disease of some sort my hearing is strange as well wish I could get back to well again
    • Posted

I'm okay, health anxiety as usual.

Have you been able to keep your mind off of it?

• Posted

Any updates Allison?
    • Posted

Hi jp how are you ? I'm still having a tough time my anxiety is full on its terrible I'm having a brain mri tomorrow to rule out anything serious my ocd will not stop untill I have the scan
    • Posted

I really think that the MRI will come out good! I dont think you have anything.

Do you think your anxiety will fade after?

• Posted

I really hope the mri is normal just getting werid episodes were I get a split second of confusion like tonight I was watching tv and I had a fast passing thought that my mum is still on holidays and I should call her my mum has returned from her holiday months ago that split second I thought mum was away within a second I realized mum was home also sometimes when I'm alone I'll for a split second think a friend's with Mr in the car within a second I realize no one's with me it's not a hallucination I don't see anyone next to me it's just I get confused and think someone is next to me this is why I'm freaking out so mri is needed I'm worried I've got some brain diseases
    • Posted

it happens, it could just be a mental disorder that is easily treatable.

Can you keep us all posted?

• Posted

I'm hoping its anxiety I have been diagnosed with health anxiety with somatic symptoms as well as ocd and panic disorder and dissociation God I sound nuts 😁 I have been suffering really bad from dissociation since January so maybe it's from that well I'm hoping its from this other mental disorders have been ruled out from my psyh Dr I'll get the mri tomorrow the results will take up to a week my neurosurgeon has sent me for one because I was diagnosed with a cavanoma that's micro bleed four years ago but I don't think its from that I'll keep everyone posted
    • Posted

sounds good.

Like I said before, if you need anything at all, send me a PM.

Good luck and all the best! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.