Anyone else bedridden? I believe I have more than meno going on.

Posted , 14 users are following.

I have a painful mass in my lower right abdomen with radiating pain encompassing the right hip that makes my right leg ache. Swallowing is gradually becoming more difficult. Chronically constipated. Fear of eating. Intermittent gasping for a deep breath. Tinnitus. Freezing cold hands and feet. Have to get into hot bath to warm up my core. I know I am not long for this world and I am just not ok about it. This life just seems so stupid now.

1 like, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Leslie, I had bad pain with an ovarian cyst, my whole leg was in such pain. And I’ve had all your other symptoms too. Convinced I was dying as well.  

Have you had an mri or pt scan to check your abdomen to see what the mass is?

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply. I have an appointment Tues with a Gastrointernologist. Will hopefully get to the bottom of this abdominal mass situation. I recently had an ultrasound done at my right hip groin area but it looked normal? !! Lymphs are fine. This abdominal issue has been intermittent and last year I had gone to the ER and they did a CT scan and even that was inconclusive. Of course I catastrophise (?) everything because I have been in this state for two years now. I am just days away from getting onto BHRT which I have been clawing my way to for the hoops you have to hobble through. But even that scares me now. What if? What if? So now I just go ahead and say to myself (and my poor husband) that I know my body is riddled with stage 4 cancers and I am on my way out. I figure instead of living in fear of the what ifs, I'll just jump ahead and pretend I actually am one giant cancerous blob. That way if it turns out to be true I'll already have accepted it. I'm weird. Thank you again for your input. It really helps.

• Posted

My heart goes out to you Leslie. None of us are long for this world. I'm praying for you right now.

• Posted

Have you seen a Dr. concerning this yet? Things are usually much worse in our mind then in reality. Hang in there. Big hugs!!
  • Posted

You should have the mass checked by s doctor, but the rest of it sounds like menopause symptoms. I have been in bed all weekend. I can't make myself do the simplest of chores. It's 2:30pm and I'm still in bed, knowing these chores must be done before work tomorrow. I have no get up and go. I'm not really tired, I think apathetic is a better word.

• Posted

You have to go to work like this???? There's no way. No way. You are way stronger than me. I can't even go to the market. Going to a dr appointment is a huge deal. I have to take a anxiety pill in order to even do that or my blood pressure sky rockets when I am sitting in the drs office. I live on the couch with my pillows, blankets, heating pad, fan, low lamp, earplugs, and crossword puzzles. I hope to God above that once I am on BHRT I might have a chance at resuming living. Because what I have been doing these last two years doesn't resemble living. Hope you turn a corner with this thing soon. It's just no way to live. Heart goes out to you hon XX

• Posted

Yes, I have no choice. I am single with a mortgage and bills. I got off my antidepressants 12 days ago and I'm going to have to start taking them again because I feel like I want to run away. I'm just going to take half a dose because I have to work and function. I have to run errands after work today. I also need to sell my house, buy a new car and pay off some debt and I have to be in a better state of mind than I am now to do all this.

I am not strong, I have totally been leaning on God and praying everyday asking him to help me get through the day. But I want to do more than just get through the day. I want to laugh and be happyagain. Anyone who says happiness is a choice has obviously never been through menopause.  smile

I'll bet it was a man that said it. Lol!

I hope you can start your BHRT soon. Keep in touch and let me know how your doing.

• Posted

Juanita, right there with you... so hard to juggle all this with work but doing what I can.  Continuing to make positive changes and losing some weight.  I need to find a new home, too, with lower rent or mortgage payment, clean up my apartment, etc.  So hard to get motivated to do any of it.  The apathy that comes with peri is awful!!!  But like you, I am my sole support and lean on God to get through all of it.  Take care.
    • Posted

Thank you Liz. At least I'm know I'm not alone. Sometimes I wish I had a mate to help. But, no luck on that area yet. Men have changed so much over the years. They've gotten worse!😂😂😂😂

• Posted

Dear juanita, you obviuosly havent met the right man then. I have to give credit where it is due, my 20 year old son, and his best friend who is also 20 and like another son to me are wonderful. I can openly talk to them about whats happening and if I have a bad panic attack and need a cuddle until it subsides, one will hold me and the other holds my hand and distracts me by talking me down. My partner is amazing. He cooks, cleans, looks after our pets, and helps our son out with lifts to work when he needs it. He takes me to all my appointments and although I have low self esteem, he is always there to say something nice about me . I am blessed by three wonderful men, four if I count my lovely gp who is like my little brother. Not all men lack empathy and understanding there are some really good ones around they may be few and far between but they are there!XXX
    • Posted

No, I haven't met the right man yet and at 58, I wonder if will ever happen. I hope so . You are very blessed with the men in your lives .

• Posted

Oh my goodness! Can you get any help honey? I think you need a medical check? Life is very precious and you must try to get some help. Ru in UK? If so try dialling 111 for help . Please take care x
    • Posted

I'm in the US. I do have a gut doc appt on Tuesday so I may find out then what this issue is. I kind of don't want to know but I have to because it hurts. Remember when we were young and something would hurt on your body but you just kind of shrugged it off and kept moving? I can barely even remember those days. Come on BHRT!! Just around the corner. A bit worried about that too, but I can't continue like this. Aahhhh!! It's like Let's Make A Deal with all bad prizes!!

• Posted

Hi Leslie I’m glad you have an appointment for Tuesday. Write all your concerns down before you go so you get it all covered. I get in such a mess when I go to the docs that I forget to ask about everything sometimes.

Thinking of you and keep us posted on how it goes. Take care x

• Posted

Turns out I have something wrong with my right kidney. I have had this intermittent sore mass in my lower right abdomen for at least a year. I have mentioned this pain to several doctors over this past year and they told me it couldn't be my kidney because that is up higher on your back. The pain and mass I feel is below my navel about an inch and to the right of it. Like if you drew a line from my right hip bone to my navel it would be halfway. Ultrasound tech said it's my kidney. Not a tumor, not a hernia. So now an appointment with the urologist. . . Meanwhile I continue to be sick while doctors dick around and don't know what the hell their even doing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.