Anyone else bedridden? I believe I have more than meno going on.

Posted , 14 users are following.

I have a painful mass in my lower right abdomen with radiating pain encompassing the right hip that makes my right leg ache. Swallowing is gradually becoming more difficult. Chronically constipated. Fear of eating. Intermittent gasping for a deep breath. Tinnitus. Freezing cold hands and feet. Have to get into hot bath to warm up my core. I know I am not long for this world and I am just not ok about it. This life just seems so stupid now.

1 like, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Check with your doc, if it is not an actual mass but trapped gas and stool then do massages. Lay down flat on a hard surface. try massaging your belly starting from your collar bone down. Deep. If you feel tenderness focus on that area, press and hold untill you hear gurgling, it is the trapped gas moving away.  Proceed down and around the whole belly. Get a tennis ball and start pressing your back against the wall with a ball. Look for tender spots and lean against the ball.  do it on your buttocks next to the rectum as well. Take magnesium. This should relieve your constipation.  i thought I had a mass, and it was just my bowels slowing down due to lack of hormones. I have to eat less, and massage my belly often in a supine position.  Sometimes I actually have to lay on my belly with a thick, hard book under me.  But, again check with your doctor to make sure you have no actual mass there because you should not do any of the above in that instance!

• Posted

Great advice. Thank you. Tuesday I see the gut doc. I will see what this is. If it's not worst case scenario, then I will try your suggestions. Hugs.

• Posted

Turns out it's my right kidney. I had no idea my kidney was lower than my belly button on the right.

• Posted

Poor thing ! I have medical training done. em and I think should really should see your doc or a&e. You know all your feeling and going through can be sorted out. Please dont feel helpless talk talk to someone as soon as you can.dont despair darling lots of love to u xxxx

• Posted

Oh my dear Leslie, you are so down due to this. If you have an obvious swelling on the lower right of your abdomen, you must go to the dr or get the dr to come to you as it could and I stress could be a grumbling appendix. Dont ignore it. As for everything else you are feeling if your symptoms are so extreme like mine were, you should think about whether HRT is for you. I have been on it just over 1 month, and although I still get some symptoms, they are at a level I can deal with. You dont sound like you are coping well at all, but know this. YOU ARE NEVER ALONE ON THIS FORUM. There are loads of us, all over the world who know exactly how you are feeling because we have or are there right now. There is always someone here to talk to anytime day or night so dont feel that it is the wrong time to contact anyone. We are here when YOU need us to talk to. Give it over to god if you are a believer. Your faith can help carry you through this horrendus transformation.I wish I could reach out both my arms to you and give you a big hug and we could have a good cry together. Pm me at anytime you wish. I rarely sleep and if I do I wake up after about an hour so I will always reply quickly. Please dont give up. XX
    • Posted

Hi Tina . Thanks for responding. I have had this abdominal thing going on for about a year and a half and have had a CT scan done and nothing came back abnormal. They said they could see a very small kidney stone but nothing else. They said they couldn't ecen see my appendix so that was apparently a good thing? More recently had an ultrasound done and again and, nothing. I am soon to get onto BHRT so hopefully that may reduce some of my other myriad of symptoms. I'm having to drink Magnesium citrate in order to have a bm. The bottle of liquid you take before a colonoscopy. Yeah, that delicious stuff. My bowels are just not working. I can't believe how many symptoms have piled on these last two years. I had been on antidepressants for 20 years and probably went through peri during those years without really knowing. I finally tapered off the pills at the beginning of 2016 and it's been absolute hell since. Up until just recently did it come to mind that what I am experiencing may be due to hormonal imbalance. I had been attributing everything to withdrawal symptoms from the antidepressants. I bet you I have been post menopausal for a few years now. How are you getting along with all this? Are you able to do ordinary things like get the mail without a major production? 3 days ago I turned the living room into a war zone from a tirade. I think being held back from these debilitating symptoms p***es me off very deeply and I go into a rage, like a caged panther. This forum sure does help though, reading your tales of woe and encouraging words. We really go through it don't we. Giant hugs to you dear. I say I am dying 1) because it feels like it and 2) in case I actually am it won't be a big surprise because I already thought I was. It's a weird deal. Anyway, thank you for caring. Hope I can be helpful to someone soon.

• Posted

I dont believe you are dying, you have convinced yourself you are because of how you feel. Been there done that got the t-shirt. This is a result of 20 yrs of antidepressants without adequate medical information on long term use of these horrid things. Short term they can be a godsend but not long term. You are totally right you have probably been in menopause for sometime and the pills surpressed it. If you have had scans of your abdomen and they come back normal, it could be that the stone has got larger or there is part of your bowel where waste gets stuck. Thats where ducolax are so good. They force the bowel to spasm and push through any lodged foecal material. I know what I'd rather do. I have had such severe blockages at times that my dr gave enemas to me to give to myself at home. There is nothing worse than trying to force out a poo the size of a brick, so I make sure I dont block up. I've tried natural remedies and they dont work so I stick to what does. I have fibromyalgia, lupus, sicca syndrome, sjogrens syndrome and likely drug induced Addisons disease. I've had 1 stroke, 5 mini strokes, vasavagel attacks and I've got angina. I am a total wreck but even though I have all these problems I'm not dying even though I often feel I am. It is the brain tricking you due to the hormone crash. I'm always here for you. Try and keep positive if you can. Lots of love xxx

• Posted

Tina, you are so right about antidepressants. they tell you they are not addictive, but they are. They're so worried about Xanax, Valium, Ativan, etc. So they put you on the antidepressants which suppress the emotions you should be feeling.  I love my ex doctor(he left the PCP field). I had no menopause symptoms until 2014, even though my period stopped in 2010. I was feeling "off", just not feeling like myself. he put me on Trazodone and in THREE days I was feeling great. I stayed on them until recently because I felt they had stopped working and I refused to take a higher dose. 

I was getting rebound depression, I had also been hoarse for a few months and had terrible body aches(felt like I was 100 when getting up in the morning). My new doctor switched me to Prozac which I took for two days and was so ill I stopped. After being off the Trazodone the hoarseness is gone and so are the muscle/body aches. But mentally I feel like crap. But I've only been off two weeks. I still have some left and am thinking about taking a half one, because I feel so crappy.  I don't know what to do. I want to feel better but I don't want to start taking it again, because I didn't realize it was causing the hoarseness and body/muscle aches. I know a lady that has been on Prozac for like 30 years. She said he doctor told her "look it's not going to hurt you, just stay on them". Because she said she would get off and then start feeling bad again.

• Posted

If you are tearing up your house it sounds like you are estrogen dominant. 
    • Posted

I was so sorry to hear your news hun are you coping ok? What is the next step to finding out what is going on with your kidney? Please keep in touch and let us know what is happening. We are all here for you remember that XXX
    • Posted

Hi Tina. Thank you for keeping in touch. When I had the ultrasound done a few days ago the "mass" in my abdomen turned out to be my kidney. The tech didn't offer any comments other than there are no tumors, hernias, or cysts. My kidney is sitting down in my lower abdomen, like just above my ovaries! I was so confused! How can that be my kidney??

I thought kidneys were situated just at the bottom of the ribcage? Well, they're supposed to be. I did some research and found a condition called Nephroptosis. This is also known as a floating kidney. The kidneys are sort of held in place by fat and soft tissue. It is possible for it to lose its place and actually fall down to the pelvic floor. I was angry that I had to find this out on the internet instead of a medical professional. Since my ultrasound appointment I have been wondering if the tech just got it wrong because who's kidney sits at their bikini line??? You would think she would have told me it's abnormal. It's enough to deal with developing health issues. It only compounds it when you find out your kidney is dislodged and they make nothing of it. Not real confidence building there.

• Posted

At least the kidney is normal which means its working ok too. So radiographers often dont have the knowledge to tell you whats happening and what may need doing a urologist is what you need and if you are a good body weight they will probably be able to re-position your kidney and stitch it in place by keyhole surgery which you would get over quite quickly. So look at the positives the kidney shows no sign of disease or damage I'm sure they will easily be able to sort it for you. Keep me posted. XXX

• Posted

I dunno Tina. My kidney is very sore when palpated. It's inflamed for some reason. In fact the entire right hip/flank/abdomen/groin/buttocks/leg is inflamed. Cyst on my right ovary, multiple cysts in my right breast, angry rash on my right shin and ankle for several years now. I just need the right side of my body amputated and I think I would be good to go :-P Bio hormone replacement just days away now. Please God please let it bring some relief :-) Hope you're doing better than I am Tina. You're better at not being a pity party. I need somma that!!

• Posted

The main reason I am coping better than some is my support network. I have a fantastic dr who is like family to me, a partner who is understanding and as helpful as can be, and two sons who understand and are there for me when I need them. That and the hrt and the menopause vitamins and vitamin b complex and evening primrose oil and a nightime drink containing valarian. All these things help a great deal but also knowing there is always someone on these forums to talk to is a godsend. XXX
    • Posted

Just got my bhrt this evening FINALLY!!!!!! Now I find out I have a dropped kidney and all of my symptoms could actually be due to that!!!!!I am going to use the bhrt and just see what happens. The thing about the dropped kidney is I don't know if the adrenal gland fell down into my abdomen with the kidney or is still up in my ribcage. . . Oh my gawd I am so messed up!!!

• Posted

Hey leslie, I am certain that the dr who scanned you and found your dropped kidney will not allow you to go without any treatment that may be necessary to correct the problem. I'm sure it would be something that a minor proceedure would sort out so if you need it they will tell you. If you are constantly in distress or pain go back and see the dr and ask them straight what they are going to do to sort the problem out because if it is causing you distress and pain then it is a problem to you that needs fixing whether they think so or not. Good luck hun, praying for you. Hugs and love xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.