Anyone else bedridden? I believe I have more than meno going on.

Posted , 14 users are following.

I have a painful mass in my lower right abdomen with radiating pain encompassing the right hip that makes my right leg ache. Swallowing is gradually becoming more difficult. Chronically constipated. Fear of eating. Intermittent gasping for a deep breath. Tinnitus. Freezing cold hands and feet. Have to get into hot bath to warm up my core. I know I am not long for this world and I am just not ok about it. This life just seems so stupid now.

1 like, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh I forgot. Due to regular constipation due to a lazy bowel, I take a good dose of Ducolax coated laxative pills every night. You may also want to take Windease simeticone pills which disperse trapped wind. Believe it or not a good belt of gripe water can help too not just for babies. You may also need a short course of mild antidepressants to perk you up, your life is worth everything to your loved ones so dont allow yourself to feel so worthless. You may find counselling helpful or cbt from a good psycotherapist. This is mainly your hormones, remember that sweetie.XX
    • Posted

Rather than taking pills, why don't you try flax seeds for the constipation and ginger for everything else. Works a treat for me!

I take a spoonful of lightly crushed flax seed with my porridge and cinnamon in the morning. That way I get a good dose of Omega 3 and the whole seeds and husks act like dyno-rod for the bowel.

Any sort of upset stomach and I have a piece of ginger, candied or pickled, it doesn't matter, both work well.

• Posted

Hi hon. I tried that and chia also and no such luck. I had to drink Magnesium citrate to get the job done. My bowels are just not doing much at all. I do hear gurgling so there is signs of life in there. Hopefully not some gastric alien creature!! I will probably have to rely on this magnesium citrate until tues when I finally get in with the gut dr. I am worried about what this mass is. Of course I've spent the last several days Googling what it could be. I'm convinced zI have malignant cancer that has spread throughout my entire body and they just keep missing it with each test. I'm a nightmare. Hope your journey isn't as challenging as mine has been. You're probably not the complaining drama queen that I am either. That certainly makes a difference. I do appreciate the support from you great ladies though. You get it. XX

• Posted

Hi Leslie,  I am sorry to hear that you are in pain.  Over the last two years I have been dealing with a lot of different symptoms, and all started out with lower right abdominal pain.  I was convinced I had something on my ovary because of the pain and the bladder urgency.....but I had two different ultra sounds done and they found nothing.....my anxiety started as I was worried they missed something and that is when all the other symptoms followed.  I have been to many doctor appointments, many many tests and nothing is found.  My anxiety has become off the charts no matter how Itry and manage it, it is now effecting my digestive tract.....what I would suggest is at least have a doctor check you over and have the tests done that they suggest to rule out anything you are concerned about...hopefully that will help you cope.  I see my doctor in a couple weeks and Iam going to ask for a low dose of anti anxiety meds in hopes that I can get my anxiety under control so hopefully some of my symptoms settle down.   This is a tough time for most of us women, some are so fortunate to sale through with a little hot flash, but many of us get a full box of symptoms that they don't tell us is hormonal or lack of.  Good Luck and take care.

• Posted

Hi linda

Yeah crippling anxiety can actualy bring on so many chronic symptoms and can sometimes think oh my god I cant cope......but I went on tabs for anxiety and I must say its the best thing ive ever done. Yeah I still have crap symtoms but no stress in my belly or gut no feelings of panic. Highly recommended.i can cope daily now .and I always say never suffer I never liked being on tabs but hey!! So be it .one life live it and cherish waking up each day I now hear the birds again and see blue skies .heads up it will all pass xxxxx

• Posted

Thanks, yes I have held off for many years, but it has become unbearable as my whole body feels in knots most of the time even wen I am not doing much.  I feel like I am missing out on life because I let my anxieties take over.  I get anxious leaving my house, the only time I am calm is when I don't have to be out in the world....and this is not me.  The physical symptoms are there, back pain, muscle tension in the abdomen....and I feel like my adrenaline is in overdrive.   So I am hoping I find some relief in some low dose meds.  It is winter where I live and I have been indoors we get a lot of snow, and all the animals and birds are few and far between....so I know once spring comes I will feel better.

• Posted

HiLinda. Sorry you're struggling with anxiety Isn't it just the worst! I had it so extreme last summer I was terrified we were going to war with N Korea and insisted I go and stay on our woodland property in our RV far away from the city just in case. I mean I had it really, really bad. We live 2 miles from a military base and I just kept obsessing over feeling like at any moment a bomb blast was gonna come from the west side of our house. I am not in that head space any longer mainly due, I believe to the sleeping pills I have been taking regularly since early Dec. Insomnia kicked in 2 years ago and that alone will drive you seriously mad, and I mean clinically. This hormonal imbalance stuff is freaking ridiculous!! Nobody told me I was going to feel like death lurking. My sister nor my mother had anything like what I am going through. I do believe that being on antidepressants for half my life put me in a really vulnerable position. I'm just about to go onto BHRT. We'll see how it goes. Tuesday I see the gut doctor so I am already telling myself I have cancer so that when they tell me that I do, it won't be such a shock. Great strategy, I know. Hugs. XX

• Posted

This is some crazy stuff. I was never on antidepressants until 2014. I got off 12 days ago. I feel like crap mentally. I'm going to go back on them and just take a half dose. I cannot function like this. For so long I was breezing through peri and menopause then in 2014 the  I felt "off". Doctor put me on Trazodone and in three days I was humming along with the radio on my way to work. I pray to God I can eventually get off them all together, but it's not now. Of course a co worker just told me another lady's sister just dropped dead from the flu 11 days ago. I know people die but every time I hear about someone dying it makes me feel like death is imminent and I should just throw caution to the wind and do whatever and not worry about it and let God sort through it.  I'm a bit of a mess.

• Posted

I so relate to you.  Anytime I read or hear of anyone sick with cancer or died, it throws me into sheer panic.  Cancer runs in my family and I pray every day that no one around me gets it as I have witnessed enough close loved ones suffer from it.   That is why this phase in life with all these symptoms has me rushing to the dr for tests...years ago I might have had the same pain but never gave it another thought.  Health anxiety is high right now,and I know I have to stop it because it isn't helping the situation.   I remind myself, I could live to be 100 and what a waste it would be if I worried all these years.   The lack of hormones is for sure my issue, I went on a progesterone cream and felt wonderful...very mild anxiety....and I could leave the house with no stress.....I weaned off of it as my blood counts went up to normal levels and a couple months later I was worse than when I started...

• Posted

That's what I don't get. I feel the same way! I had aches, pains, twinges I would shrug it off and not give it a son's thought. Now everything is a deadly disease! I was thinking the same thing the other day, that I could live to be 100 and I will have wasted precious moments worrying about nothing! I can so relate! Health anxiety is the worse! I can remember my sister's husband driving her from doctor to doctor because she thought she was going crazy and had no idea what was going on with her body. She describes menopause as "a dark period in her life" she won't even talk about it.

• Posted

Apart from the swelling, all your symptoms also sound like thyroid problems. These can be treated. Please reach out and get some help. Do you have a friend or relative who will go to the doctor with you?
    • Posted

Hi hon. Actually I just had my thyroid testing done last week and it's fine. So that's good. This lump thing is in my lower right abdomen, where the ascending colon is. Maybe even the ileocecal valve. I don't know if it could be a fatty tumor? An obstruction? Cancer? I see the gut doc Tuesday. After dealing with this issue among too many others to list, I am reluctantly going to find out what this is. Hope you're in better shape than I am at the moment. Thanks for responding dear. Helps to know other women know where I am coming from.

• Posted

Complete thyroid testing takes more than a week to receive the results so make sure they tested everything and not just the basic thyroid test. The constipation, chills, fatigue, tinnitus, anxiety all sound like Hashimoto's.

• Posted

Leslie, it's possible you may have an inflamed appendix. That would account for the radiating pain,,, or you could have an inflamed gallbladder or pancreas. You need to go see an internist who can rule out what isn't wrong.  I'm praying for you.  

• Posted

I have an ultrasound appointment tomorrow morning. I have a mass in my lower right abdomen. I am so scared and so angry. I hate fear so much and I can't find a way to overcome it. The only thing I can think to do is just act as if I am dying but that's not really working either. What it boils down to is the fear of death. Can't we go back to the time when we didn't realize any of this. I have been reading far too much on the internet about abdominal masses and lumps trying desperately to find something non threatening. A fatty tumor would be fine but I have been struggling with constipation which is a sign of colon cancer. Please don't let this be cancer God. Please. please.

• Posted

I'm praying for you right now Leslie...And will do so in the morning too. Please keep us posted. Overcoming fear...something we all struggle with...I struggle with. Big hugs!!

• Posted

I will also pray for you Leslie. Yes the fear is awful. We want to live a long time, but when menopause hits it changes your brain and you fear everything. One lady's Doctor told her to stay off the internet because whatever you're looking up always ends in bad news. Lol! I actually had the technician at my mammogram tell me that most masses that are found in breasts are non cancerous, but if you read the internet every mass is cancerous. We are at a point where we thought we would be enjoying our lives even more than when we were younger, instead we find ourselves in doctor's offices fearing the worst. Like another lady on the forum said, we could live to be a 100 but so many wasted moments worrying and fearing disease and death.

Please let us know how your ultrasound goes. I believe the devil is a  lie and you will be fine, in Jesus name, Amen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.