Anyone else develop pain at the site of laparoscopy?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

Advice please.  Last night I suddely developed excruciating pain at the site of my laparoscopy.  Earlier that evening I did carry a heavy bag of shopping but not for a long distance and am wondering if this is connected or should I be worried as it is now four weeks post surgery. 

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I didn't have laparoscopy .....but does sound to me like you may have overdone it with the bag...hope you are feeling better soon. X
    • Posted

Hi,

Thanks a million for replying to my query.  I am inclined to think that you are right and that I brought it on myself..(-: 

• Posted

Not had mine yet but would ask your Dr as my surgeon has said one or two weeks to recover from this.
    • Posted

And that includes ovary and fallopian tube removal by laparascopy
    • Posted

Hi,

I'll have a chat with him if the pain hasn't abated by next week.  Best of luck with your procedure.

• Posted

Your insides still take time to heal so you do need to take it easy but if it keeps happening ring your surgery. They say that when ovaries come out the intestines drop into that space so that as well as all the swelling inside is going to be tender.mi think they should video your op and let you see it so you know exactly what they do xx
    • Posted

Hiya,

Thanks for replying to my query.  I didn't have ovaries removed.  The procedure was to remove two functional cysts one of which became haemorrhagic.  Having said that I know that I'm my own worst enemy and shouldn't have been carrying a heavy bag of shopping..rolleyes

• Posted

Hey there I'm interested to see how you're feeling now. I recovered well from my lap to remove ovary and cyst. I've been slowly walking this week (3weeks post op, not needed pain meds for two weeks) and doing a bit of light housework. And today for the first time in two weeks I'm uncomfortable. Worried sick I've done some damage! 
    • Posted

Hiya,

I'm a bit better than I was yesterday but having said that I did take a Ponstan this morning so that probably has something to do with it. Yesterday I felt like I had done when I initally came out of the hospital i.e. agony if I should bend down etc.

I could be wrong but I would have thought that being uncomfortable as normal as the body is healing itself. 

Hope that you are feeling better soon.

• Posted

Bless your heart! I haven't taken anything yet, but am sitting on my butt all day today. I have a scar along my bikini line and it feels a bit tough under it. I guess it's just scar tissue. I think because I've felt so dang good, I have stupidly forgotten that my body is still healing. Feeling like an idiot! I think, like you, we should be expecting some level of discomfort. Just weird that I have had very little up until last night and today. Leads me to think I've just overdone it. Just hope I haven't undone any healing, ya know? 

Hope you you have a better day too 

deb x

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean.  I just don't have any patience with recovery time.  I went into town the following day after being discharged from hospital as I was suffering from extreme cabin fever and had to see life outside.  Think I might be my own worst enemy..rolleyes.  As a result of pushing myself too much I then got an infection - typical!!  Between you and me I don't think that I'm cut out to be a patient..biggrin.

Look after yourself.

Take care,

• Posted

Are you feeling any better? I am a bit. I've done next to nothing for the past three days. Although I did drive to a town about 15 miles from home. Weirdly I was sore after that and ready to lie down. Dang it! Yeah I'm not a good patient either! 

• Posted

Hiya,

Finally, I can honestly say that I'm getting back to feeling somewhat normal..:-) I've experienced the exact same as you - i.e. feeling okay and then after a bit of exertion feeling the need to rest.  I think that all that you can do is go with it and keep telling yourself that you will feel that bit better tomorrow.

Take care.

• Posted

Hiya,

Finally I can honestly say that I'm getting better.  It truly does take time.  I was exactly the same as you in that if I exerted myself i.e. walked leisurely into town (45 mins)  I had to rest after - beyond frustrating!! It does get better though.  It just takes time.

Look after yourself.

Take care.

• Posted

Hiya! 

so glad to hear you're feeling better! 

I am too for the most part. I have just started my first period since the surgery. Ok, and not nearly as horrid as they used to be. 

Weirdly though, I am still feeling a tugging/gripping feeling along the left side of my groin and sort of on top of my pubic bone. Not  freaking out, but  I do have a follow up with my GP today and I have a few quesions I want to ask and that will be one of them. 

Hope she clears me to at least start my yoga/pilates practice up again. I'm seriously feeling worse for not moving than I am with the recovery! 

All the best to you too! 

• Posted

Hiya,

Apologies for the late reply.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.  I've had a similar experience with my periods post procedures.

Hope your G.P. was of benefit to you.  Could you have strained yourself?

Look after yourself and take care.

• Posted

Hey there,

Soooo sorry I didn't reply straight away, I've been busy over the weekend cooking (if you knew me, you'd know what a news flash this is!LOL)

So, I told my GP about my symptoms and exactly where it hurt. She immediately did a trans-vag ultrasound to rule out any fluid or internal bleeding around the tube/uterus or abdominal cavity that she could see. 

She said it all looked healthy and fine! She said it isn't uncommon for folks to come to GP's 3-6 weeks post surgery to say they felt odd or worse than in the 1st two weeks. I told her I had walked a bit in weeks 2 and 3, probably lifted or shifted things I didn't think would impact me etc. She felt confident it is a muscle/ligament strain and nothing at all to do with the surgery. She reminded me that while a keyhole op is less invasive, it is still a major operation that your body need to heal from. 

So, in short, I'm to remember that I'm not fully healed, I'm not to walk so damn much just yet ha ha and I'm also to stay away from Pilates and weight lifiting, even with my clients, for another 2-4 weeks.

I've just come back to work at the gym today. I'm only doing 4 hours a day for the next two weeks (as opposed to 8!) and I'm also not doing any inductions or training with my clients. I'm just a pretty face at the desk to meet and greet. I've been here 1.5 hours today and my tummy is sore. Weird how just getting up and down out of a chair can feel like ab work! 

Sorry for the long post but really wanted to update you. 

How are you?? 

Debx 

• Posted

Hiya,

Please quit with the apologies as  they are never required - us Irish tend to get embarrassed!!

Some day I'll get to cooking but I do tell my financé that its his kitchen and its up to him to perfect the art - not a cop out on my part at all..:-) I won't tell you his response!!

Your G.P. sounds really good.  I definitely would have confidence in her.

Now that you mention it my stomach was really sore - its only been in last few weeks that I've been able to button jeans.  I do think that it didn't  help that we live on the top floor of a big house which has no lift i.e. 4 floors - it has charachter though..:-) I also found that bending down to pick up anything was agony.

I'm bored - in the office and there is no work on as the law year hasn't commenced yet.

Enough of my whining.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

Take it esay.

• Posted

Totally agree with you.  I have been known to tell my fiancé that he would appreciate it more if he cooks himselflol.
    • Posted

My speciality is Ping Chicken. When the microwave pings it's done cheesygrin
    • Posted

love those microwave meals can get. Bar what can do in miicrowave severe epilepsy over the last two years means all cooking is done by my sister as not safe for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.