Anyone else develop travel phobia during perimenopause?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I do suffer from general anxiety, but i have noticed my fear of traveling is getting worse. I just want to stay home in my safe zone. i see friends my age going on vacation and enjoying life. what is wrong with me?? having hot flashes and not getting much sleep is not helping my situation. i just got a new supplement yesterday that will hopefully start working. of course here i am awake since 1:45 and it is now 3. thanks for listening to me vent

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yea ..same with me ..i donot feel like going anywhere Want to be in my home spl in my room only..

Going out is big task for me .sitting in car increase my stress and my head pressure start increasing...

I Love travelling..I enjoyed alot of trips in young age.......but now i feel worried even to go out for some imp work too...Going to hairdresser or near shop is big task for me.. ..i always try to postpone things...

My friends and family members say i become introvert...donot want to meet people..donot want to go out.

Donot know y i changed soo much.

Earlie i was soo much fun loving person..very social person..but now 😭😭

• Posted

Yea ..same with me ..i donot feel like going anywhere Want to be in my home spl in my room only..

Going out is big task for me .sitting in car increase my stress and my head pressure start increasing...

I Love travelling..I enjoyed alot of trips in young age.......but now i feel worried even to go out for some imp work too...Going to hairdresser or near shop is big task for me.. ..i always try to postpone things...

My friends and family members say i become introvert...donot want to meet people..donot want to go out.

Donot know y i changed soo much.

Earlie i was soo much fun loving person..very social person..but now 😭😭

• Posted

Hang in there. I'm in the same boat. I've never had anxiety or panic attacks. It hit me in peri and for 6 months I could not leave my house. For the past 2 I've been forcing myself to leave. Even it's to the grocery store, gas station or a family member's house nearby. I've always been full of life. Always out and about and then this hit. It shakes your confidence to the core and you feel vulnerable. Well I did because I had the anxiety and panic with also, the lack of focus and concentration. I keep pushing though each day and every day the push forward is soooooooooooo small but, there is a push. It's trying to climb back up that mountain to the top. I know how you feel. I find good sleep helps and like I've said in a previous post. I started a Meno vitapak regimen and it takes a couple weeks to kick in but, I feel a difference within the last 5 days. I'm much calmer and that's what you need in order to lower that anxiety. Really try not thinking about it if you can and keep busy. I literally woke up this morning and did most without thinking and by this evening. I'm already feeling better. My partner also, says if you don't mind - it don't matter. I was always like that before this happened so, I'm trying to push that thought into my head each day. I hope you feel better. Stay strong! ❤️

• Posted

I am so afraid of how I'm going to feel physically before, during and after the flight.It is awful. I just wonder if Xanax is effective? I take it but don't think it is enough.

The good news is we are all saving a lot of money! Maybe spend it on local adventures where we can thrive in our comfort zones? It is great to get out there and see the world but there is time for that after we pass through this stage. I fly infrequently but when I do I upgrade to a larger seat and confirm there is a TV on my plane.Spending an additional $200 is reasonable is reasonable when you fly 1-2x a year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.