Anyone else ever had this problem?

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past month this has been happening to me on and off. I keep feeling the need to pass the stool. I know this might sound disgusting but it’s like as if I had to pass gas and it won’t come out. It’s not like I need to rush to the toilet but I do feel like there is something there if it makes sense. I do pass a tiny bit almost everytime I go to pee and it’s always yellow, either thin pieces like worms and once or twice a day looks normal but yellow in color. 

Other symptoms I have are heartburn and sometimes a tiny dull pain at the sides of my belly button. 

I had a blood test and my doctor said everything was fine but there might be something wrong with my gallbladder. I’m going to have to repeat the blood test tomorrow. She gave me some fiber because she thinks I’m still a bit constipated so that’s why I feel the constant need to go to the toilet. I’ve also dropped a tiny bit of weight.

I’m concerned and this sensation is really frustrating. Someone help!

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Maria, the yellow fluid you're passing is bile. A blood test might reveal whether your gallbladder is affecting your liver or pancreas, but there are other tests that would be more conclusive.  

I suggest you ask your gp for a referral to a gastroenterologist, to perform and analyze the tests that are needed to make a determination--find out what's really going on.  Fiber might absorb the excess bile for a while, but if you do have gallbladder disease, it's best to get it diagnosed and treated as soon as possible. xx  

• Posted

The yellow color indicates excess bile in your digestive system.  Normally, excess bile should be reabsorbed by the body at the end of digestion.   
  • Posted

Have gallbladder checked..ultrasound.   Then go from there. 
    • Posted

I’m guessing that’s the next step if the next blood test is going to show there’s a problem with my gallbladder.
  • Posted

Hi Maria38027,  it sounds very GB to me and if you read other threads in here you may find your not alone.  The fact you have other symptoms could simply be your body is reacting differently to other people, constipation I never had, it was the other way round and at its worst even being sick.   Our problem with this type sickness is being able to see your GP actually when your ill and the GB usually settles down after being sick but it comes and goes depending what you eat.  Fatty foods will definitely make you ill however the symptoms you describe do sound more gastro than GB but of course they are all part of the eating cycle so only you can work with your GP?
    • Posted

It just sucks that I have to wait so long to see my doctor. What usually happens is that I see my doctor today and tell her I don’t have any pain and the next day the pain starts again and by the time I go back there is no more pain again. It’s just like a cycle. Whenever I think I’m fine, I’m actually not. I wish all these would stop and I could be okay again.
    • Posted

If you are in the UK this is all part of the sign that we are heading to private health care.   You cannot blame the Dr's because they are so overwhelmed with Government demands that the Dr's are just not capable of doing their job.  For instance they answer when you want to see the same Dr but CANNOT "oh yes all your details are on screen" but there is a lot of your previous visit which is not!  So as you say your stuck in a vicious circle of rubbish.

The cycle you speak of is called insanity, we vote for it and we abide by it and I am afraid to say it is more evil a system than it is good whilst Government just dream up all this waste of NHS money making others rich.

• Posted

You’re right 😰 I wish it wasn’t so expensive to go to a private doc. I wouldn’t mind paying for a consultation but I’d have to pay for all the scans, tests etc which I can’t afford. They are very expensive. I don’t feel desperate enough to go to a private doc. Not yet... That time might come soon, however. It’s sad.

• Posted

As I recall, you may not have to pay for the tests--someone on this site once posted that you can see a private MD and they order the tests through the NHS.  Please check and see.xx
    • Posted

I will if needed, thanks. As for now I feel like I don’t need to see a doctor immediately. Will see what happens in the future. I wish it to be the last resort.
    • Posted

The problem I have found maria38027, if you help yourself by trying different foods this actually goes against you when talking with Dr's.  Make a list on a piece of paper of what you suffer with, then make a week log of what you eat and how you react but do not tell your Dr.  Tell the Dr only of your symptoms and I am not saying lie to them either!  Do not dispair (hard to do) but logically speaking if you can help yourself then fine but it is not going to solve the issue if something is wrong still in your body?

• Posted

I know what you mean. It annoys me when they tell me that changing my diet is going to fix the problem. There’s is a problem and I need to know what it is. I can’t eat only broccoli all day, I’m trying to keep my weight up. 
  • Posted

Sounds like when i had gallbladder. Best get checks done and then deal with it, dr will advise
    • Posted

Sorry, i had gallbladder removal, then the problems dr helped to see what pain came from.
    • Posted

I don’t really have pain. Now it’s just diarrhoea and feeling like I need to pass a stool ALL THE TIME. I want this to stop so I can live my life normally.
    • Posted

I would be inclined to go back to gp and get tests done if you are still no better.  Even if symptoms are not there on appointment day they need to investigate whats wrong.
    • Posted

I know. Will ask them if I can get a scan, don’t know what else could be done. Maybe endoscopy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.