Anyone else experiencing the same anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Evening all, as I've mentioned in previous post I've been suffering from well what my Gp's have said is health anxiety I do find it a struggle to accept that what I'm experiencing is anxiety and all in the mind, I have to be honest I have convinced myself over the past three months I have had some major illnesses and I'm not to sure where all this has come from, I've been on verious meds citalopram, propanolol and now Amitriptyline & Atenolol, although I felt a little benefit from these for a couple of days I feel they are no longer working, I've had a terrible day today feeling really down and very upset and convinced I have bowel cancer, this due to what I think is a change in my stools but according to the Bristol Stool Chart my stools are ideal but as they have some clear mucus and the only way to describe it is an itchy feeling in my stomach also the very bottom of my back/spine is aching I've been very frightened by what I've read on the net

I'm finding it very difficult to convince myself that I'm ok and there is nothing wrong with me, does anyone else have feeling of dread worry etc.... Thanks

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry for typos hope you can work it out
  • Posted

Hi Joan, yes I agree with you again Joan. Just really important for people to know that it will go and can go, it can go very quickly once you get your head round. I had 4/5 years in the chaos as I called it, 80% of your mind is devoted to it, so you are only operating on 20% hence lack of concentration and memory etc.

If you imagine there is a wild lion chasing you, thats how your body is all the time, so your body does right thing and reacts to it. Its like the switch is left on.

Any way, that's all I have so say on it and if any one wants to know more, just ask. Have a good evening Joan and everyone.

xx

• Posted

Hi all, as I've mentioned previously I'm thinking this is not anxiety, although I had seen my dr yesterday (Friday) she was still reassuring me that this is anxiety which was a relief to hear but later on in the evening my stomach was feeling tense and tender and after going the loo I noticed what looked like a very small amount of blood just on/in the stool it was very faint (apologise for being a little graffic) but I asked my wife to check and she said she couldn't be sure, so I'am begining to think these feeling of tenderness etc aren't just my brain and now thinking these dr's are wrong and are just to quick to say it's anxiety
  • Posted

Well Bill it may be time to see the 4th Doctor in 7 days to get confirmation, that you don't have Health Anxiety........

Get it checked out mate.

• Posted

Been asked to go back Tuesday, so it's try to keep calm till then
  • Posted

Hi Bill, yes you gotta keep calm. Because there is nothing you can do before Tuesday and whether you worry every minute or don't worry, nothing will happen to you before then. SO why worry.

So lots of gentle exercise and keep busy.

Let us know how you go on.

J

• Posted

Hi Bill,

Things still not good then try toto worry easier said than done I know, my back has gone today so pretty low as well but hey ho got to keep chin up,but if that is blood in your stools it can be infection or piles or just a blood vessel gone wish you well anyway.

• Posted

Sorry my typos get worse must check before I send them.
  • Posted

Hi, just thought I would give a little update, as I was having a couple of bad days Friday & Saturday unfortunately I found myself attend the hospital, after speaking with a Dr there he had a good chat and gave me a check over also as I'm concerned about my stomach he checked my stomach said it felt nice and soft etc... Also as I have been very anxious about the very sensitive feeling/aches in my stomach an conviced it's bowel cancer, I'm not a shamed to say he did an internal examination (if you get what I mean) said all felt fine and no sign of blood which was a HUGE relief he also said this is anxiety and the feeling in my stomach was well I cant remember the word he used but also said that Im very very young and shouldn't worry,

I have to say I left very reassured, so Saturday evening, all day Sunday and today I've felt a lot less anxiouse, but still anxiouse with the feeling in my stomach but trying to not focus on it or the other aches I feel in my back etc... So plenty of gaviscon tablets to try and sort out this acid feeling and try to relax before my Dr wants to see me on Friday, I think I may discuss canceling the camera they had booked for me as when I think about it that makes me anxious, also had my first CBT today so hopefully it helps me

I will say it is very difficult trying to keep convincing myself I'm ok due the upset stomach but got to keep trying

• Posted

Hi Bill, thats great you have managed to get a few days of feeling a bit better. As you must now know if there was anything wrong with you, you would feel ill all the time, not just when you were worried.

With what you have said so far, I think you should have every test they offer, because been told you are not Ill makes you feel better.

Once you know you are 100% fit and well which you know deep down you are. Then you can start the rest of your recovery and get back to being normal.

Good news.

John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.