Anyone else experiencing the same anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Evening all, as I've mentioned in previous post I've been suffering from well what my Gp's have said is health anxiety I do find it a struggle to accept that what I'm experiencing is anxiety and all in the mind, I have to be honest I have convinced myself over the past three months I have had some major illnesses and I'm not to sure where all this has come from, I've been on verious meds citalopram, propanolol and now Amitriptyline & Atenolol, although I felt a little benefit from these for a couple of days I feel they are no longer working, I've had a terrible day today feeling really down and very upset and convinced I have bowel cancer, this due to what I think is a change in my stools but according to the Bristol Stool Chart my stools are ideal but as they have some clear mucus and the only way to describe it is an itchy feeling in my stomach also the very bottom of my back/spine is aching I've been very frightened by what I've read on the net

I'm finding it very difficult to convince myself that I'm ok and there is nothing wrong with me, does anyone else have feeling of dread worry etc.... Thanks

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thanks Joan, just concerned that this one dr out of three has said mucus isn't normal so yep really got me worried now but as my other Drs said to me I had bloods done and they were all completely fine, the bloods check for infections etc......
  • Posted

Bill don't worry i had loose stools and pain in my upper abdominal for months , i did colonoscopy and was nothing after my mind was at peace everything went back to normal. Try to see if you have hpolory bacteria i did took antibiotic and i was fine stool test will show it. Take care
  • Posted

Oh Bill, I do hope you have all the tests and they are all clear, which I am sure they will be. Then you can move on with your life. This is now the 3rd doctor you have seen in a week and you think you do not have Health Anxiety. Hope your ok.....
  • Posted

Bill,

Two out of three cannot be wrong,honestly was exactly the same with loose stalls and they just stopped after the tests,and have they said how long if they were worried more that they dare do is to wait and your bloods are clear which would show up any infection.

• Posted

Hi Joan I do tell myself that constantly surely the two out of three can't be wrong, the thing is my bowls aren't the first thing I went to the dr's about in November it was headaches, it's just with this one dr saying mucus isn't normal has got me worried, I was asked by my regular Gp to go back tomorrow so she can see how I'm getting on but I don't think I can take much more of them contradicting each other, besides I know she will not be the slightest bit happy I've seen this dr today which is understandable if it's anxiety and I'm wasting their time,

I have had a call regarding my CBT just waiting for them to call back but I'm now thinking is CBT necessary now that this may not be health anxiety, apologise for the negativity

• Posted

Bill,

Yes it is necessary that you go for your CBT might help you,and wise not to go Friday stick with the one if possible and yes I had the headaches of cause it was a brain tumor which having had a MRI scan proved not just stress.Please go for you therapy sure it will help.

• Posted

The dr who I should see tomorrow is my regular dr who has been dealing with me throughout this
  • Posted

Hi Bill, don't worry about how many times you see the doctor, if its Health Anxiety which I believe it is. You need every test know the man. But you have to believe the doctors and the tests. Have a quick read about CBT 1st, if its Health Anxiety you don't need CBT, it could make you worst, but you have to believe the doctors.

I am only saying this because I have been there for 4/5 years and once I know I was OK and believe the doctors I now live a full life with no Anxiety.

But once you have had all the tests, stay away from the doctors. Doctors dont lie to you.

• Posted

Bill

Although it is your usual Doctor you have now see another one who is organising tests so would it be advisable to go back,that is something you must decide.But if you feel you should then go but mind you don't confuse things.Good Luck.

• Posted

Hi, I don't know if anyone has information/experience on health anxiety regarding your heart? I'm really, really struggling with this ATM. Thanks, Laura
  • Posted

Anxiety is such a difficult feeling to get control of once it starts. Especially when it begins causing other health problems. Have you tried finding out what the root cause of your anxiety? It could be one thing or it could be several.

Good luck and feel better!

• Posted

I don't believe in most cases you can find a cause, all you can do it rake your head thinking of bad things that have ever happened to you and try to apportion blame. Which just makes you think of bad things.

Its not healthy because I don't think you will ever know unless it was a life changing even like a death etc.

Anxiety can not cause health problems, its has never hurt any one. You are not ill, you dont have an illness, you have sensations sent from your brain. These are false signals and need to be ignored and over time if you ignore them, forget about them and live you life as you normally would, these will settle back down to normal levels. If you think about them and give them the time of day, your brain will thinks this is normal and keep them at the same level.

Hope this makes sense.

John

• Posted

John,

I am sorry to disagree with you but anxiety can cause health problems,one causes the other most Doctors will tell you so.While you worry about the anxious state it will bring on headaches stomach pains sickness migraine diarhea insomnia all sorts of aches and pains which in turn causes anxiety.One vicious circle. take Care

• Posted

I am not going to argue with you. But......

Your brain is sending false signals, it thinks there is something wrong, "Worried Sick". These are all sensations, I agree its a vicious circle, but if you were ill you would have the symptoms all the time, not just when you were worried.

Anxiety tells your body you are worried, your heart beats faster, your stomach whirls, your neck and back of shoulders tense up causing headaches. Every sensation can be explained and once you and everyone understands this, you then can allow it to pass. Every sensation you have every had can be explained, but NO ONE had ever DIED from Anxiety, its a fact.

Yes the feelings are terrible, but you are not ill.

John x

• Posted

Hi John,

No don't want to start any arguments but if your brain is sending type wrong signals then you do feel these things and they are real,I do agree nobody has ever died from anxiety but still say he brings note other .Sorry if I upset anybody.

Joan x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.