Anyone else feel extremely bad on first day?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Took my first dose of Sertraline (25mg) after about 4 hours I started to feel my Jaw clenching, my muscles were aching and I was getting extremely sweaty and jittery. It honestly felt like I was coming up on ecstasy except without the whole happiness influx. As soon who studies pharmacology at university I knew this wasn't right so I called emergency services and they said it sounds like a reaction to the drugs, even though it says side effects would occur 2/3 weeks into taking it, I've only been on it a few hours... Has anyone else had similar symptoms?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi MelvZz, I had those exact symptoms this week but I'm on my forth week of sertraline and didn't feel any different for the first week I started it but I had stopped taking flouxetine the day before I started them, don't know if that made any difference.

• Posted

One thing that keeps being said about Sertraline (even by my Doctor) is that it will usually make you feel worse before it starts to make you feel better... that's why do many people start taking it then come here looking for reassurance, just as I did. It took exactly 3 weeks at 50mg until I felt any sort of lift in depression/anxiety. Up until a couple of days ago I had to literally force myself to get out of bed.... having a shower or doing anything other than vegetate in front of the T.V.. ...was just not going to happen. I would say to anyone to give it 3 to 4 weeks at least. Fingers crossed I am almost out the other side of a black cloud that I couldn't imagine seeing the back of.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.