Anyone else got h pylori negative gastritis

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi I had an EGD recently and was told I he gastritis. I was told that I was negative for h pylori. I had similar findings 12 years ago but this time been prescribed ppis (wasn't last time). The thing is, I've been on meds now for 6 weeks and still feel full, burning stomach etc I just don't know what to do to heal it. I don't think they biopsied it so I'm terrified it's cancer that just looks like gastritis.

Has anyone else had similar findings? If so, is there any way I can help myself as I've read that gastritis can lead to cancer.

Many thanks

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. people. I am from India. Age 21+. Currenty at Gujrat Vadodara. Studying Fine arts( Graphics and Printmaking) At Maharaja Sayajirao University. 

I had an endoscopy for my GERD symptoms and it was H Pylori Negative. My doctor said that i have a Hiatas Hernia tendency. But no Proper hiatas hernia was found. But i still feel inflamation in stomach a bit. My endoscopy reports says that i have Lax GE Junction. i was prescribed Nexpro 40 for 40 days. i was ok for 1 and half months. But the symptoms doest go away. Well for the past 2 and half years i did a lot of research on Gastritis and GERD. Acc. to my endoscopy report, my GE junction was loose. Maybe congenitally. but there was a time when i didnt follow a daily healthy routine for my food habits. i used to eat Chocolates, caffine, acidic foods , chili and spices, butter , Cheese etc.  But slowly i changed my food habits. i quit all those above mentioned foods. For alcoholics out there, quit alcohol and smoking too.

I am a non vegetarian. I eat alot of vegetables,salad, white parts of eggs, chicken etc. but to stay healthy and to control my acidic levels i mostly eat plain boiled foods. Its best if you excercise regulary or stay involved in any sport. i play alot of football. It helps alot. Now interesting part is that the gastric mucosa / lining gets damaged by overflow of stomach acid ( HCL.) So the gastritis can become chronic from mild. So you might get vitamin b12 def also. So regularly have 1 multivitamin tablets because when we age we slowly loose vital vitamins and mineral,folic acid etc. Stress anxiety and psycological  trauma are the secret reasons behind Acidic stomach and gastritis. After a Certain age the stomach secreates less acid. So stay as relaxed as possible. Do yoga as a mental excercises for health benefits. Another Concern is Heat. Stay away from heat. try to relax in a cool place. But not always under an Air Conditioner. Keep your Body cool as much as possible. Drink lots of water. I mean Lots . Eat smaller less acidic meals. Avoid chilly , lemon , Spices . Beside PPIs I take Homeopathic Biochemic Medicine. Now these are nothing but vital salts for your body in shape of tablets. Any disease in our body has a salt deficiency. So I Take Natrum Phos 6x/12x. Most importanly , stay away from "Stress."  Stay Fit. if lifestyle changes along with medications doesnt help you at all Then Laproscopic surgery or open Fundoplication is the last option. If you are okay with surgery and have no fear for post surgery complications then is good. GERD is a gradually developing disease. it can be congenital also. Try out Homepathic treatments also. As a GERD patient,

All the very best for your health People.  smile

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hello, can you tell me what medicine to take when having gastritis but being hpylori negative ?

​Thank you for your help.

• Posted

There is no medication for h pylori negative gastritis other than ppi or lifestyle change in diet. There are autoimmune tests that can help in detecting other causes, your GI doc should know about these

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.