Anyone else had pain and tingling/burning in left arm

Posted , 19 users are following.

For the past few nights ive been having pain like an achy feeling in my arm and leg. And now its in the day too. My left arm has pain from the back of my shoulder to my forearm and i have a burning sensation. Anyone else had this? 

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yep ive had the burning sensation in my left arm a few times and freaked out as i thought it was a clot or the start of a heart attack, ive also had pains in both arm too😣 its ur anxiety playing up so dont worry xx
  • Posted

Yes im having that too . Pain and dull aches in both arms and my legs are aching with pain too . Its all down to aniexty.  The worst mistake I made was to Google my symptoms as my aniexty was made worst. The mind can be a terrible thing as it plays with you.  
  • Posted

Hi Emily, it's definitely anxiety! It's adrenalin which causes the muscles to tense and get hotter which is that burning sensation you get, usually in the forearms, legs, and shoulders. 

It can also manifest itself as pain and itchng sensation.

N

• Posted

Can you get it constantly though? Or without being anxious even though it is on my mind all the time 
    • Posted

If it's on your mind all the time then it's making you anxious all the time so the symptoms will be there constantly until you stop thinking about it all the time, it's a vicious circle really.

So yes you can get it constantly because whilst you don't necessarily know it your conditions means you are in a constant state of anxiety but at different levels sometimes low anxiety to high anxiety. 

• Posted

Hi Emily I've just started getting this scince Sunday and it's awful, I as yet Avnet got this in my arms but have in legs I also get a burning feeling and skin creawling feeling.i assume it's just the one of many sympthoms of our anxiety.just when you think your feeling better something else crops up.hope it passes soon.
  • Posted

I have had a dull aching arm and its burning it does make you worry
  • Posted

I've had anxiety attacks periodically.

They've gotten worst since I found my eldest sister dead in her sleep. Now I'm also experiencing that burning sensation in my left forearm. With sharp Lil pains in my chest. I thought I was alone with this.

• Posted

So how long does this burning sensation lasts for because I have had this now for about a week.

• Posted

I have had the same thing the past few days. The middle of my left arm feels like it is sunburned but it's not. I have also had pressure in my rib cage right under breast. I have been under a lot of stress this week with a family issue but it is so good to know I am not alone (not that I wish this on anyone) and hopefully it is nothing serious. 

• Posted

It's such a relief knowing that it's just anxiety and nothing else. I have these symptoms periodically almost everyday since a month now. Pulse rises very high and then I feel burns through my shoulders

Neck and arms...and needle like sensation. Also my right eye is twitching abnormally fast ..since weeks now. What should I do when I get these so called attacks?

• Posted

I know it's been a while since this posted but these have been my symptoms for a week now. My shoulder burns and aches and my left arm burns sometimes then I get so scared that I'm having a heart attack that I start googling and it makes me scared even more. I didn't realize that this was as common as it is. I am going to the doctor tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm tired of living like this.

• Posted

Hello so what did the doctor say? I just recently started feeling the same symptoms you have.
    • Posted

Hi Erick69793. I’m sorry you’re having these symptoms. When I went to the doctor I found out it was completely anxiety related. They gave me a low dose of Celexa and my symptoms have completely went away. I was having some major anxiety issues.  I’ve realized that google is good for a lot of things but I will never google another health symptom. I’ve decided to go to the doctor from now on. I hope this helps and I hope you feel better. 
    • Posted

Wow that is good to hear. Thank you for that information. I will make an appointment just in case. I do suffer from anxiety but I sometimes feel a small pinch in the left side of my chest area. And a burning sensation on my left arm.
    • Posted

So pleased to have found this.ive got burning sensations both legs mainly knees lower legs lower arms i side face and feels a bit tight around right wrist and above right ankle ive been under huge stress .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.