anyone else in pain with pcos?

Posted , 26 users are following.

It sounds strange but recently it has felt like my ovaries have been hurting, my stomach can be quite tender to touch where they are located and it feels like they are generally aching. I was just wondering if it was normal and if anyone else has experienced pain with pcos.

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel you Rachell,last month the ultrasound show that I have PCOS. I am in pain everyday ,joint pains , slight fever , hard stomach ,left and right abdomin hurts , i am not overweight and no facial hair .It's just really 😣

• Posted

I have pcos to and i am dealing with the same thing . i have had pcks for 4 years and they drs just keep passing mw on to other drs i never get anything done . i feel so alone and feel like gaving up . i dont know what else to do . so i guess i dont need to feel bad cause by the looks of things i am not alone with thiz .
  • Posted

Hey folks, I've just been diagnosed with PCOS as well (I'm 24). It's been 8 years since I had a blood test with high levels of testosterone but that didn't qualify me for an ultrasound at the time... Anyway, I've had terrible abdominal bloating and (sharp and aching) pain on my right hand side for several months now, to the point where I was in hospital for the pain (suspected to be a grumbling appendix). After a physical exam they thought I'd had a cyst burst, and kept me overnight. I had an ultrasound done privately while waiting for my follow-up appt. The surgeon told me that the ultrasound was fine, but that I did have PCOS, and there was no evidence of an abnormally large or ruptured cyst. She basically dismissed my abdominal pain and said it was all IBS, advised me to go on a low-fibre diet for at least five weeks.

I've been low-fibre for nearly a week now and my bloating has gone down, but I still feel so tender in the area around my ovaries sad I'm hoping this is just something to do with PCOS and I just need to change my pill to something that controls it better. Has anyone tried a different contraceptive to see if it helps? My GP prescribed me Ponstan for the pain, but the possibility of an allergic reaction makes me nervous so I haven't taken it.

• Posted

Hi girls, I see this discussion is still going ! I was referred to a gynaecologist a few months ago after being on a very bad heavy period for 4 months! I was bleeding so badly i was in hospital. My gynaecologist believes I have either PCOS or endometriosis. Currently waiting to see him again to go over my ultrasound and blood test results. The pain I am experiencing is horrible. I have a very sharp toothache sensation in my left ovary. Also a sharp pinching pain. Then after that I experience a burning feeling? In my ovary areas... a very deep burning period pain. It is honestly getting unbearable. The pain also radiates down my legs and into my back... has anybody else got the same pain as me ?!   
    • Posted

I've not been properly diagnosed with PCOs but have had all the symthoms literally before I even started my periods. I went to the doctor when I was 17 now I'm 21 with a query on why I didn't start my period at all and I was told my testosterone was very high and it was the reasoning I had so much body hair. So I started getting periods but they were never regular and I became sexually active but kept getting scared when I didn't get my periods thinking I was pregnant! I have not had my period now for 5 months and I've been bloated the last 2 months with a sharp pain in my ovaries that go to my leg sometimes I need to sit down to calm it down but it's gotten so painful sometimes that I literally have to down a load of painkillers to stop it! My doctor literally doesn't listen to me either because of my bad diet but I'm not over weight at all! Very annoying but definitely PCOS.. I don't think anything adds up more to be honest. My advice would be to not stress yourself out too much, I find the less stressed I am the better I feel. My sex life is slowly going down the drain though 😂😩

• Posted

Hi Laura x 

I’m so happy somebody else gets the same pains as myself. I know what you mean by no sex drive! 😂 my boyfriend and I live 2 hours away from one another but see eachother every month. The last time he was here I felt so low I didn’t even want to kiss him. Like at all, even a little peck. Whilst before we would be the complete oppersite! It’s like my sex drive has completely gone! 

• Posted

Hey guys I wanted to ask can pcos pain be small? I had an ultrasound done and it came back that there where lots of folicules and so my dr thought I might have it then the did a blood test and my estrogen was super low only 20 so she wants to put me on lostrin and totally cancel my period to see if that will make the pain go away. It's usually only on the right side and just random it'll last for a few seconds disappear and repeat for a while and I usually have it everyday but if I press on it doesn't hurt. The pain is small too like it's just nagging and sometimes it feels like there's a bubble inside that pops. Anyone with pcos have pain similar? Sometimes if feels like it's in a different spot. Also anyone use birth control to just end their period does it help?

• Posted

My pain is really big most times but yes I do have days when it’s small how you describe! Everyone’s different! Also, with what you said about your blood tests, I’m exactly the same! My estogen is at 9 which is super low and some other things are at 2 when they should be 20-50. I’m waiting to see my consultant to talk about what to do next...  x
  • Posted

Hi, I've been experiencing pain in my left side of my pelvis (ovary) for a few months now - it's always there but every so often (everyday) it like a grabbing pain as if someone's grabbing it and twisting it, plus not had a period for eight months so Mentioned it to the gp who sent me for ultrasounds both over stomach and internal. Went back to the doctors but saw a different gp who basically read the results out not realising I had not had them, then said you need a blood test, you don't need to come back to see anyone for results and its up to you what you do - he really wasn't helpful at all. Had my blood test yesterday so won't get the results for a few days. I'm still getting the constant pain and twisting pains even taking paracetamol /ibruprofen don't take the pains away. Was thinking of going back to see the original gp and ask for his advice as really want to get my periods back into a more 'normal' cycle and help with the pains.

• Posted

I've just found the paper from a scan I had about 1 1/2 years ago and noticed something ... I remember reading it and seeing that my ovaries were "bulky in size and contain multiple folicles consistent with pcos"

What I never noticed is that my left ovary appears to be adhered to the uterus. I dont know what to make of this because no nurse or GP has every mentioned it.

Is it Endometrosis??

• Posted

I’m having this issue right now sad I feel so sick and keep feeling almost like period cramps but no period on both of my sides (not at the same time, almost like it’s taking turns.) I have not had my period for 6 months now and don’t know what to do everything hurts 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.