Anyone else losing their hair???

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi All!

I was looking in the mirror tonight lamenting the growing thin patches of hair long my part and in the front of my scalp near my bangs... and the fact that my eyebrows (once thick, Lebanese-decent, streaks of hair) need the tattooing touched up because it's fading to show I am nearly bald on my face. This has been happening for the last 3 years+. I never credited/blamed peri-menopause because until October 2014, I had been having regular periods and, according to regular doctors, my hormones were in the "normal" range (I have since learned that that can change from hour-to-hour, day-to-day depending on when you test and that most FEMALE doctors or doctors who CARE about menopausal women consider the "normal range" too broad). Anyway, because of this, I hadn't thought this hair loss might be caused by menopause. I day dream of getting a hair transplant. To keep from it being being noticed, I have to use those shake on hair fibers every day.

Did anyone else experience hair loss with peri-menopaus/menopause? If so, does anything help? I started taking a Biotin "hair growth" blend last week and hope it will help... sad

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes me too. I'm going to try a sea kelp supplement. Jayneejay recommended it on here a while ago so I' ll give it a try I think. Xxx
  • Posted

Hiya All

Kim mentions a hair product 'Biotin'.

Believe this may be same/similar to 'Viviscal' product available in the UK.

Sx

• Posted

Hi Sx and all, this is what the description of Biotin says online:

"Biotin is a coenzyme and a B vitamin and is also known as vitamin H. As a supplement, biotin is sometimes used for diabetes, brittle nails, and other conditions." 

• Posted

Hi Shaznay, I just read my bottle... I thought it was called "Biotin" but it's called "Hair Anew" and it has biotin in it but also these things:  Vit C, E, B-3, B-6, Biotin, B-5, Zinc, Kelp, Insoibal, N-Dimethyl Glycine and Bamboo Ext!

How are you, by the way?  I haven't seen too many posts from you today.  You are so witty!  I look forward to your posts.  I hope you are having a nice day despite this crap we are all going through!

• Posted

Blimey Kim, did you blink and miss my posts - I've been all over the place! This forum is addictive! Just posted on a thread about losing weight - now that's tailor-made for me: Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Atkins, Low GI, Cabbage Soup. You name it, I've probably tried it - shame I'm still as fat as ever!!:-)

Yep Biotin. Found some of that in my Menopace supply. At this rate I'll have hair like Rapunzel!!

Did laugh on Saturday night. I'm notorious for having my hair floating around in everyone else's Meal ( never my own, curiously!). My poor son actually found a strand entwined AROUND a broccoli floret!!! I am excelling myself these days, clearly!

Kim, I love a good laugh. Tried the crying stuff: it didn't agree with me. I'll just stick to the laughing/ swearing/ranting formula to get though this as it seems to work for me!!:-)

• Posted

Shaz! You are the best! Lol!!! So fun! That's hilarious about the broccoli!  It's after midnight here... Took a handful of pills...still awake *sigh* now thinking of ways to get out of work tomorrow - that's pretty much the routine every Sunday. But I always manage to drag myself in. Night for now! Hope your day is lovely!
  • Posted

Hi:

My hair loss is bad also.  I think it has to do with the hormones.  I just started back on my premerin after 10 months and hope it will help.  If you find a solution to the hair problem please let me know.

kathy

• Posted

Hi Kathy, no, not yet, but I found out my vitamin D levels were very, very low, which can cause hair loss.  I am now taking 10,000 EU per day.  If it slows it down or stops the loss or I notice any new growth, I will report at once!  For now, I fill in with those fibers that work by static cling that you shake on to make your hair look thicker.  They work, but it's just so sad.  I consulted for a hair transplant a couple years ago... I may consider again because my balding area is right up front near my bangs/fringe.  Good luck and if YOU find anything, let ME know!  Also, I had to stop taking hair growth vitamins because the Niacin was making me flush badly to the point of people asking me where I went to get so sunburned.  :-/  Good luck!!  Kim
    • Posted

Hi KIm i too have been put on the 10,000 EU a day because mine results showed to be very low too, im glad to have read this as on the packet it says to take one a week! not one a day as ive been told by my doctor to take. didnt realise this may help with hair falling out so maybe ill see less of my long hair all over the house , maybe. everyone keeps complaining lol

Sue

• Posted

Oh wow! I didn't even read the bottle. I read the endocrine society's recommendation that says to take 10,000 per day and the emailed my doc and asked if it was "ok" and she said, "yes" so I am taking 10,000 per day. I sure hope it helps too! If not, I'm going to save up for a hair transplant. My bald spot is in front and I can't cover it without shaking those synthetic hair fibers on my head :-/ keep me/us posted and I will too! Xo Kim
  • Posted

Hi Kim,

Seems like a major issue, lossing hair with peri-menopaus/menopause. Some of the products might help you for hair growth but not to the great extend. Going for a HT is not a bad idea as we all know there are some abroad the countries at very affordable costs. Hair Transplant Abroad is the one of the most popular and successful clinic which will guide you through the whole procedure..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.