Anyone else with a painful burning mouth

Posted , 10 users are following.

For the last few days I have had a really sore mouth. I bit the inside of my lip about a week ago, and have a nasty sore which is slowly healing, then a couple of days later I woke up and my whole tongue was sore on the top and underneath. I havent got any obvious signs of anything wrong, apart from the sore where I bit myself.

I looked up about this online and found that there is something called 'Burning Mouth Syndrome', which often happens first in the menopause, and where you have a really sore mouth but it looks fine, and tests dont reveal that anything is wrong. 

I am sucking mouth ulcer tablets and using antiseptic spray which does help somewhat. I also ordered some alpha lipoic acid tablets which I read have helped with some people with this.

Has anyone else experienced this, and found anything that helps with it?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, Ursula,

Sorry to learn you're having these problems.  I would suggest that you go see your dentist, so he/she can check you out for an oral infection.  

Sometimes, it happens, and it's best to be careful!  Best of luck!

• Posted

Another!!!!

I've had this on and off all year and it didn't even cross my mind that it could be another symptom but yes I guess it makes sense. Thank you for posting this.

I can now add that to my list of symptoms 😂😂.

I'm going g to be sooooo clued up by the time my older cousins and younger sister hit this stage in their lives 🤔🤔🤔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.