Anyone else with these type of symptoms fibromyalgia or lupus?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Okay so I just heard back from the doctor and they tell me that I have another swollen lymph node in my groin area but there is no infection anywhere in my body there is no other medication and he's going to give me other than Naproxen and he's telling me to follow up with the oncologist that saw me due to the swollen auxiliary lymph nodes. I guess I'm just really really tired and I really want to know what the heck is going on and this is taking too long and very upsetting. Has anybody ever gone through this with swollen lymph nodes in the auxiliary area and in the groin area but no infection and no arthritis?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

UGh...that is the last thing we want to hear is we have to see an oncologist.

I was told I have to see one too...not for the glands..but for weird blood work.

I am putting it off sad.

• Posted

I'm just wanting somebody to tell me exactly what the heck is going on I saw the oncologist before and he is the one who ordered the CT scan of the chest abdomen and pelvis

• Posted

Hi Toya,

No I don't .. I hope you follow up it sounds like its something you need to make sure it gets addressed. I hope you feel better.

• Posted

I have swollen lymph nodes in my arm pits only cause I don't have odor and I don't sweat like most people . I get clammy . No infections never just annoying and I stop taking anything . Except Mobic it's easier on my stomach and helps with some pain makes it mild with my fibro . Also might wanna get a breast exam you might also have fibro tumors if you have swollen lymph nodes . I have one left side .

I use a lavender or flaxseed heat bag to help when lymph nodes get swollen just a thought

• Posted

Hi toya I have swollen nodes behind my right ear on the right side of my neck and at the back of my head at hairline! I have been told it is normal with fibro but it's really scaring me tbh!

• Posted

Thank you. I'm just so tired of all this pain I can not get a decent night's rest. I wake up every 2 hours. Stiff as a board when I get out of the bed in the morning. I was thinking about getting a deep tissue massage but now I'm having second thoughts because I think it may make it worse

• Posted

I have deep tissue massage once a month and it can be quite painful during the massage but after I feel a lot less tense and I am able to relax a bit better! Give it a try it may help x
    • Posted

Your welcome! What has the doctor said about your lymph nodes? What do they think is causing it?
    • Posted

the dr. Just gave me the sizes of them and told me to see the oncologist. He also said that it's not cancer and it's not arthritis and it's not an infection. So I'm guessing it's some type of an autoimmune disease but no one has said anything about an autoimmune disease

• Posted

It's so worrying isn't it? Especially when you don't know what it is!! I get very anxious over mine and think all sorts of things but my doctor doesn't seem concerned at all!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.