Anyone ever had constant anxiety attacks for a week? please read all

Posted , 8 users are following.

So for the past week ive been really anxious, i was having heart skipping beats every minute or so for like 3 days i was sent to hospital and let out after 6 HOURS and didn't say anything was wrong, just HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HIGH HEART RATE, they put it down to anxiety, i had like a day of peace after being released from hospital but since then ive been having PALPITATIONS ,THESE PALPITATIONS ARE MAKING MY HEART RAISE AND DROP IN BEATS PER MINUTE AT REST ONE MINUTE ITS 80 BPM THE NEXT ITS 120BPM AND THEN DROPS AND GOES BACK UP, IS THIS REALLY POSSIBLE WITH ANXIETY? ITS CONSTANT I MUST ADD , IVE ALSO BEEN BREATHLESSNESS, SHAKING, NAUSEA, WARM FEELING IN CHEST THAT SEEMS TO SPREAD TO ARMS AND LEGS, DRY MOUTH, ALWAYS DRINKING TO TRY TO SORT NAUSEA AND DRY MOUTH OUT, ANXIETY OR PANIC ATTACKS EVERY HOUR? IS THIS POSSIBLE? literally at wits end, is there anyone thats had all of these symptoms that experiences anxiety attacks and is there anyone who has anxiety attacks several times aday? I JUST THINK MY HEART IS GOING TO STOP OR HAVE A HEART ATTACK, I MUST ADD THAT I DONT GO OUTSIDE FOR LIKE 3 YEARS BECAUSE OF AGORAPHOBIA SO IM VERY UNFIT, IM 16 STONE AT 6 FOOT TALL.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yes , anxiety can make you have palpitations , all kind of them , if the doctors said that you are okay , try to calm down , the more you focus the more scared you get and the more palpitations you have , and so on . try to get some magnezium , or some plants tea to calm down your nervous system . and if you can t calm down , you can se a different doctor to reassure you . i m sure you are just severly anxious !

• Posted

will magnesium really help? have you tried it? whats it feel like? ive just read some amazon reviews on the top magnesium supplement and it seems to have really good reviews, does it really help with anxiety?

• Edited

Ok I answered one of your other questions about what causes your heart rate to go up.... Adrenalin release but will give you more info about my journey to answer your current question. Will sound somewhat similar in the struggle.

Constant panic attack for a week? Yup been their done that more than once, for me though it was always caused by my medication... I think. I always had high anxiety but didn't know how bad it could get until I went for help in my late 30's. Doctor prescribed me Paxel and I went nuts after a week on it. Did not sleep for days, shook constantly. My legs when numb and I could not even walk. I could not control or feel them, I stabbed them to make the point to my doctor. Like I said I did not sleep for days, not one single hour. My doctor prescribed me a benzodiazepine and it worked like magic. Not a care in the world everything felt better than my "normal". I felt blissful actually and I went to bed to get some long over due sleep.

Fast forward 10 years. I worked 12 hour days and exercised every day. At times during my day I would get mini panic attacks. Still taking that benzo prescribed 10 years ago. Anyways I would suddenly be out of breath with dry mouth. I carried a bottle of water every place I went, it was in fact my security blanket. These attacks did not last long and I found by the time that I took a few sips I was back to normal. Then 1 day during my daily 3 mile walk I collapsed unable to catch my breath and heart rate jumped up to 180. That would happen to me several times a day after that everyday. I developed agoraphobia. (had it for 4 years now) I loved to travel and now I could not even get out of my room. I made many trips to the E.R. out of breath with a resting heart rate fluctuating to about 140. Sometimes in a wheelchair because it felt that bad, I was too out of breath to walk. At times an attack would make my pulse race up to 180 just laying in bed.

I suspect that my body has become hyper sensitive and dependent to the drug I am currently on. It's causing panic attacks. The heart rate changes, cold, warm and out of breath changes are all due to adrenaline release. The body redirects blood flow to vital organs so you can run of fight a way out. This is why some parts feel cold and others warm, it's because blood flow was rerouted, muscles twitch with anticipation. You feel out of breath because your body is demanding more oxygen to your muscles.

I purchased a pulse oximeter that I keep in my pocket. What I noticed is that every time I am out of breath I actually have a very high oxygen level. This is due to over breathing and the fact the adrenaline is causing my body to demand more oxygen. You can find devices that can tell you when you are stressed with high anxiety too although I found them not very accurate on me because I am always stressed. How it works is that it measures the time between your heart beats. Consistent time means low stress and erratic times means high stress and adrenaline.

I have become out of shape. It's hard to exercise with this illness. Exercise gives me many of the same feelings I get during an attack. I cant tell if I am out of breath because of the exercise or because I am having an attack. But I don't like that feeling and often I end up having an attack if I exercise too much. When that happens any recent progress I made goes away and I have to work on getting out of my room again. It's not all bad, it's better than it was. I am in for the fight because I miss riding my motorcycle, going to the beach and all the cool stuff I did in the past. I want my life back.

I researched this stuff a lot because I too could not understand why they would release me from the ER with an erratic pulse. I could not believe that this could be all anxiety. I assure you though that it can be though.

I wish you the best of luck.

• Posted

Hi im sorry you've been struggling , alot of what you have said sounds like me, i also carry a water bottle around with me everywhere, i believe i will die without it, but this doesn't fix my attacks when out it just simply takes my mind off it slightly, everything you said sounds similar to what happens to me, its awful, honestly ive been struggling for 3 years and think about ending the suffering often, although im too afraid to do so or die early, i just want my life back also, i just sit in bed most days, sometimes i eat alot other days i feel so nauseous i can barely stomach abit of fruit, my heart scares me, honestly i do like 5 mins of cleaning my room and i get breathless sweaty and heart 130+bpm i honestly hate it, i just miss the days i could go out and walk for miles without breaking a sweat, this condition just feels like a life sentence 😦

• Posted

i have had so many tests done i went to go see a specialized doctor in my area that does tests that no

other doctors run they must have taken more than 20 vials of blood checked for everything and all is fine anxiety and panic is horrid

• Posted

Also if anyone else is struggling like me, message me id be happy to add you on facebook or something and talk about stuff, maybe give each other some reassurance sometime 😃

• Edited

Hi Josh. I been getting the same symptoms as you for almost a week now too. I been so worried about my health even though I seen a doctor last month and my blood test results came out normal, I'm still worried. I been getting heart palpitations, high heart rate, shortness of breath, feeling detached, weak inside, brain zaps and I feel like I might pass out. It's just terrible and terrifying. It's hard for me to sleep now because of how I feel. I understand what you're going through and you're not alone. I hope you have been feeling better now or visit a therapist for help or advice. I wish you the best of luck to heal and learn how to control your anxiety symptoms better. Check out youtube meditation video guides, it has been helping me so much.

• Edited

Hi shanny, thanks for your reply 😃 im so sorry you've been going through something similar as what i have, honestly its horrible, just keep having anxiety or panic attacks all day randomly comes on, have a bad attack slowly goes but doesnt completely go and then i get another one a few hours later, i have had countless paramedics check my heart, nothing other than a elevated heart rate and a High normal blood pressure of about 136/82, been in hospital , yeah my BP was alot higher in hospital around 147/ 94 which was obviously down to anxiety as its lower when i have my BP take at home, just at wits end, been doctors today, because i just broke down crying cant cope, i have vomiting fear, so any kind of nausea makes me 10 times worse, been struggling to eat which obviously wont help nausea but my appetite as gone, last night i woke up 4 times in 8 hours and cant get back to sleep, everytime i had something like a panic attack, but with different symptoms, i got a strange burning sensation in my limbs and of course i went into panic mode had yet another paramedic out which just made me crying making me think im deluded, but waking up with these panic attacks cant be normal.

• Posted

literalky everything you have said there has happened to me and im 20. i have hadnto deal with anxiety sunce i was 13

• Posted

Hi so sorry you have anxiety too... have you really had constant anxiety for weeks with no rest from it honestly i cant relax, cant stop the nausea and cant stop the palpitations..... its just constant which is just making my anxiety worse and is causing multiple anxiety attacks daily, up until 2 weeks ago i used to only have 1 or 2 attacks a month, today ive had 3 in 10 hours, its so bad, and when your not in an attack did you feel constantly nauseous and a strange feeling in chest and throat? these constant symptoms are just making me believe its serious and is causing more attacks, keep having ECGs which are normal and bloods and xrays and this is in the last 2 weeks...... i just cant break the feeling of im going to die from a heart attack or something... how did you break this cycle of constant physical and emotional symptoms? ive tried soothing music and herbal teas and stuff but doesnt seem to really work, i just feel like death is close all the time..

• Posted

hi been dealing with that for 14 years meds have helped but they poop out on me the last one I was on was celexa stopped working in August tried many different meds nothing is wokring have had depression anxiety and panic attacks every day all day since august now its hard to deal with especially going to work now im on zoloft for 4 weeks and it seems to be making me worse klonipan helps a bit noone that has been through it can ever understand

• Posted

hi been dealing with that for 14 years meds have helped but they poop out on me the last one I was on was celexa stopped working in August tried many different meds nothing is wokring have had depression anxiety and panic attacks every day all day since august now its hard to deal with especially going to work now im on zoloft for 4 weeks and it seems to be making me worse klonipan helps a bit noone that has been through it can ever understand

• Posted

its so scary and exhausting, it seems to be constant all day.. multiple attacks in the same day, nausea thats worse after i eat and then panic attacks at night

• Posted

I know exactly how it feels mine has got so bad that even when I take a klonipan or xanax it does not calm me down . Mine is all day also. People dont seem to understand how it can last all day but it does . Its constant torture. I want to be my old self so bad that it hurts. I cry myself to sleep at night cause of the horrid feeling . It starts right when I open my eyes. I usually found an antidepressant to help but this time around nothing is working. Its been 7 months of med merry go round and nothing helps . Ive been on them all . Lexapro and Celexa worked good for me but they stopped working after a year. Now

im on zoloft for 4 weeks and feel even worse. And I dont know how thats eve possible cause my normal is bad . I miss the old me that would go out with friends and shopping . Now i make up excuses for invites. Been off this week from work and so nervous to go back on Monday cause this week has been even worse with the panic. It is truly a horrible illness to have.

• Posted

Also, Ive been getting the horrific palpatations a lot too . Nothing is wrong with the heart. Its the horrible anxiety that does this. I feel it when I lay down but if I go up a flight of stairs in my home its even worse it takes your breath away

• Posted

my mom asks me how it it possible you feel like this all day and I do noone understands i mentioned before on the site i just went to see a doctor that does various tests that no other doctor does they took over 20 vials of blood and checked for so many different things and guess what everything was normal its this horrid

panic and anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.