Anyone ever think about smoking?

Posted , 13 users are following.

i have had a crappy week, husband, health problems, nothing seems to be getting better even though I quit smoking 10 months ago. I don't drink, or take medication,  I even quit coffee for a month,  because my urolagyst said it was harmful.   I now have one coffee. I gotta have sipomething.  

Anyways all all I can think about sometimes is having a smoke,  anyone else get like that?

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

We can count our quit times however we want, but here's how American pulmonologists often count (possibly always) in terms of increasing lung damage:  anytime we start up again it wipes out the "quit" time.  So that 4 year quit I had from '99-'03 doesn't take time off from my total pack years.  They tell me that as far as my lungs are concerned, I smoked straight thru from '73-'07.

• Posted

I quit 8 months ago after being told i have emphysema my lung function got loads better, but i think of them everyday and read about people stopping and getting worse ? so i am no expert and just listen to idiot doctors and hope they are right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.