Anyone find that doctors make anxiety worse?

Posted , 8 users are following.

fed up is an understatement, telephone consult with gp about my rib pain which i cant sleep on and allergies that bad that im reacting to every food and she has the cheek to say i will see you thursday and we will just focus on the rib pain and cover food etc in three weeks, erm no im underweight and need help!!! so we are talking about both on thursday ( for what its worth ) this is the same gp who for nearly 2 years who has said its anxiety and testing me for tumours because im having hot flushes! my goodness i could scream!!! shes in denial that its perimenopause, funny though my old gp who retired was covering a few months back said to me peri straight away! they wonder why we have anxiety when theyre always mentioning cancer etc, and try to put it all down to anxiety, dont they ever wonder why so many women of a certain age all start complaining of the same symptoms and most get fobbed of with horrible antidepressants, sorry for rant i could go on for ever, maybe i should just wait until i choke badly and go to A&E! on a plus note no change to lung nodule for another year, and i had to ask for that results arghhhhhhhh xx

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

I feel your frustration Toria .From my experience finding a great doctor who's caring is like finding a needle in a haystack. Good for you no change to lung nodule I got to ck mine . Hope things get better .

• Posted

They seen a small nodule on my lung when i had CT scan for my heart (palpitations ) , and recommended to be checked in a year . My Gerd is so bad at this moment i need to see Gastro first but planning to follow up for the nodule too much to worry about 😔

• Edited

yeah at first they checked it at 6 months then every 12, you arent alone my gerd/gastritis is brutal right now as are my histamine reactions xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.