anyone found there lichen screlosus underlying cause?

Posted , 13 users are following.

I know they say its an 'immune condition' which is really vague way of saying we dont know you have this, in my opinion. I know some medical professionals also dont beleive its an immune condition at all, Just wondering if anyone ever found out what it was specifically that triggerd it in them? either through there doc or by own efforts

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

In terms of the latest information on what LS actually is, click on the link at the bottom of my reply for the latest academic based information diligently researched and compiled by Nancy KB.  Simply, there is no DISPUTE, LS, and a whole host of other conditions ARE Autoimmune System Disorders.

Yes, there are circumstances that can make you susceptible to Autoimmune Disorders, such as experiencing extended heightened psychological stress, or trauma to the skin of the Genitalia in Males or Females for the specific example of the Lichen based conditions, and, other complicating circumstances that lead to the conditions necessary for Lichen based disorders to become present.  Of which, inadequate and otherwise unhealthy dietary regimes, and lack of essential Vitamins such as Vitamin D3, and essential Minerals such as Zinc and Magnesium are uppermost causatory.

The problem with many, or even the majority of Westernised Medicine Practitioners is that they are not encouraged to acknowledge or respond to Autoimmune Conditions.  Historically and Sociologically the profession of Medicine developed to serve the interests of those with in-depth Medical Knowledge, rather than serve the specific interests of those who are suffering from a whole host of conditions where Medical Knowledge is deficient in how to address these conditions.

This is why many Physicians will always prefer the surgical option, even when there are acknowledged alternative ways of dealing with these conditions.  Simply, from a Sociological perspective, it is about retaining dominance AND keeping those allied to your own profession having an ever-increasing level of demand, and payment for, treating the vast majority of medical conditions.  I am sure that, in whatever country you live in there will be highly-publicised examples of Surgeons ending up in court because groups of Patients have got together and discovered their surgery was completely unnecessary.  You have to ask: in who's interests were these Physicians acting?  Certainly not in the individual patient's interests.

So, have a look at the following link - it is very comprehensive, but evidence Nancy KB has unveiled states, Lichen Sclerosus is an Autoimmune Condition ....

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/pathway-into-and-out-of-autoimmune-diseases--661033

• Posted

Hi wee dugie, thanks for this indepth reply, i too do beleive that ls stems from the immune system, i think what i wanted to say was that i wish more docs would try and find why the immune system in that certain induvidual is 'out of whack' and treat this as well as the outside symtoms. Although i know some people get more lucky with how good there doctors are then others. But i guess its also good that induviduals are taking more care of themselves with things like diet such like, to controll there ls and even get it into remission for some people as its different for all. 

Thanks for this reply, im sure your links will help more people who are new to ls learn about it more

• Posted

OutinSpace - but can immune systems be 'treated'? When the body is working against itself in this way it seems there is no 'medicine' that can stop that.  Only attitude of mind, vitamin supps and checked diet in the individual can help I think.  I may be wrong though. 

• Posted

Wee duggie - I agree with you largely but can autoimmunity be treated anyway? I am in the UK and I know our doctors try to avoid major surgery where they can so would think they would find ways of treating the cause of LS but isn't that just it? No one seems to know what exactly causes autoimmunity - just why your body decides to react against itself. 

• Posted

Hi sarb, 'finding ways of treating it', for the medical profession is the crux of the matter.  The problem with individuals with ALL the Autoimmune conditions is that they have to find the 'right mix' of dietary requirements and food-based things to avoid, combined with discovering the best Vitamin and mineral supplements for them, personally.  So, what you get with the medical profession is either they will suggest something you could try, or, more or less deny such conditions and provide no help whatsoever.

On this Women's Health / LS Forum, Nancy KB is the Guru on Causes and Means of dealing with the situation for each individual, in practical terms - particularly in terms of diet and supplementary regimes to implement.  So, in your prior post where you ask: " can immune systems be 'treated'? " you need to go to one of Nancy KB's post via the link at the bottom of my message and scroll down to the section entitled: " NUTRITIONAL & LIFESTYLE QUICK LIST " and start to implement as much of what is suggester on there.

Yes, there is a lot of things we have to consider - but the dietary essentials are to as far as possible to eliminate Sugar - Diary - Wheat (Gluten Free) from what we eat.  Supplement essentials are Vitamin D3 in an amount that works for you [* you have to be careful with this, as, here in the UK I have found two different ways of describing the strength, or 'unit-factor' for Vit D3], Zinc and Magnesium.  Added to this you need to find the best way of keeping your skin as healthy as possible and to minimise skin-fusing which is the major problem with LS - things to consider here are Borax, Coconut Oil, and so on.

Essentially, WE are our own 'cure' - but only by discovering what it is we personally need to implement, and to avoid for ourselves.

PLEASE: for anyone reading this, if you find benefit from anything you have tried - whether that be from Nancy KB's " PATHWAY INTO and OUT OF AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES " or elsewhere, please draw the attention of other LS Sufferers to it - you need to say precisely how you gained benefit, AND the amount or proportion of the Dietary Additive / Mineral Supplement / Vitamin that worked for you, and the frequency [daily, twice-weekly, etc] with which it was implemented.

As LS sufferers perhaps the majority of us are familiar with ignorance within the Medical Profession, as ALL Autoimmune condition suffers are too, KNOWLEDGE exists within the Women's Health / Lichen Sclerosus forum - it is essential that WE all inform each other to avoid unnecessary suffering and the loss of Genital Architecture through Skin Fusing and the impact all of this has on our own daily lives, and that of those we love.

THIS IS THE LINK TO Nancy KB's article - then scroll down to " NUTRITIONAL & LIFESTYLE QUICK LIST " - where possible read all the article as it is all-too-easy to miss something that is essential to you, and successfully dealing with your personal circumstances .....

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/pathway-into-and-out-of-autoimmune-diseases--661033

• Posted

When i got the initial symptoms, I was 8 months pregnant with my first child. it got worse for the following two years. when i fell pregnant again, the itching stopped immediately and now my second child is 8 months old and the itching never came back, sex is back to normal. So I'm thinking mine is linked to hormonal changes. whether or not the LS is gone or will ever come back,I'm not sure.

• Posted

Your in remission by the sound of it and it could last for years if you are lucky.  It might reappear when you are older, possibly during menopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.