Anyone getting these?

Posted , 22 users are following.

I keep getting these and they go away. I read that it's associated with herpes but could also be associated with yeast which I know I have yeast right now and a bacterial infection. These come and go pretty quickly. I can't find it now. Also a picture of what I look like but I think my inflammation is going down since I took the yeast medication this morning. The only time I am "irritated" right now is when I start to have the discharge and then I am bothered otherwise as long as I am dry I seem to be fine. I was against posting pictures online but if it can help others then so be it. Also I have found a website with a ton of women who get cuts and yeast and have no stds so it seems like it is more common than I initially expected but of course after a new sexual encounter the only thing I can think of is worse case scenario stds. Just curious if anyone else with herpes though is getting this? It seems most on this forum are not really from what I could find. 

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you recently been on anti-biotics?
    • Posted

I have been on antibotics for 6 weeks on and off. I am currently on antibiotics now for the yeast and bacterial infection. I am on Metronidazole which I think because they extended the dosage another 7 days I got the yeast again so I went to Urgent Care last night and they gave me flucanazole for yeast. I took that this morning and so I seem ok I guess for now but it seems every time I am completely off meds or miss a dose the symptoms immediately return.
    • Posted

Anti-biotics work on all bacteria in the body.  Including the vaginal bacteria that keep the natural yeast in check.  They can multply out of control while on anti-biotics and that's why so many women get thrush while on them.
    • Posted

I think I am starting to get oral thrush from it. I am so annoyed. My birthday is a week from today and I just want to drink and have sex and can't do either! ARGH! 
  • Posted

I can't post my pictorials however I had those before I ever had an outbreak
    • Posted

How soon after that did you get the outbreak? I have had these symptoms for 6 weeks but only two cuts in that time frame. I think you can only post picturs when you are on your computer and not a cell phone. I don't get the picture thing unless I am on a computer. 
    • Posted

I can't remember, but did you get the paper-cut swabbed again (and actually tested!) when it was new? A PCR swab, in particular, would be able to pick up herpes from that, I'm sure.
    • Posted

No because it comes and goes so quick. If I had it tonight would be gone tomorrow. I am doing the blood test this week I was going to wait until after my birthday but I want to know now. I am just concerned it will still come up negative because it's only been 6 weeks today. I think that herpes book I read says two months after infection it should come back 74% of the time with a result. I am not even that close yet. I hope it picks it up if it's what I have. I hate waiting around. If I get a paper cut I will go back too but they are quick. I was actually surprised the last one was gone because it was worse then the first one. It was more open. >.
    • Posted

Herpes lesions don't usually come and (especially) go so quickly, so I am still thinking it's not GH.
    • Posted

They can appear out of the blue, but they don't usually clear up so quickly, then suddenly reappear/disappear elsewhere.
    • Posted

I woke up this morning feeling normal. It's not as irritated as before and it still does not burn when I urinate. So, thats good, I think. 
    • Posted

I had cut last night just like yours after sex and its gone this morning. this is my first time. I dont know if its herpes.

• Posted

I had cut after sex last night. and when I woke up this morning it was gone. I dont know if its related to herpes. this is my first time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.