Anyone had a reaction to Coconut Oil?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Im not sure if it's a coincidence but I started using coconut oil a few months ago, I found it to be very soothing when I'm having an LS flare up. However I have found since using it that I have developed a sore bottom. The skin between my cheeks has become inflamed and it's uncomfortable when sitting. I have researched allergies to coconut oil and it would appear not all people are suited to it whether using it internally or externally. I intend going back to using Emu oil instead to see if it clears up or if it is coincidental but just wondered if anyone else has had any problems.

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There is something about the cloying sweetness of coconut that puts me off!! which is why I tend to alternate between that and just plain old Lube.  When something smells "off" to me its usually my body giving me a little warning, and so I can fully understand why this might become a problem for some woman.  I could really do to find something else as well, as I agree that its best to rotate things, not just stick to one or even two different creams.
    • Posted

You know i totally agree with you and never put 2 & 2 together... Food for thought ( no pun intended) lol. Anyway good call - if the smell causes a reaction be careful... After all you know if an animal smells something and walks away from it - there is usually something wrong....
    • Posted

I use something bought locally, I'm in Latin America.. But really any Lube that is perfume free should work, It just feels better somehow, but I will still continue to use coconut oil as well sometimes.
    • Posted

Thats cool your in Latin America - my husband is from Colombia and i am Canadian - we live on Canada. Ok i will look fir fragrance free lube , at least for summer when its bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.