Anyone had more than two ablations and if so did you have eventual success

Posted , 8 users are following.

It will be 12 weeks since my ablation in a few days time.  My second ablation has given me worse occurrences of Afib than I had before,  Most I have been free in 12 weeks is 3 lots of 3-5 days, three times.  Rest of time every other day!My heart does not appear to like the process so who reckons to keep going with more ablations?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. Ive had 3 and still get PAF, but the episodes are not as severe. Pulse doesnt go as high, so easier for life to go on. First 2 were left side, third was right by SVC. Took longer to recover and a bit more risky I learnt after, but I was ok. No meds now as they made me feel more unwell all of the time than PAF some of the time. Im 54, female non smoker with overall fairly good health.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply.  I am 13 weeks since second ablation, and had another attack in the early hours of this morning.  5 days (just) since my last attack. Also getting misbeats etc which I never had before.  I know the ablation does not work for everyone but I feel it's a step back for me due to the frequency over the past three months, Pafs every other day. or 3-5 days in between.  Would love to go several weeks!!I have stopped the flecc on daily basis but took 2 at 1.40 this am as a pill in the pocket approach.

• Posted

Stick with it! My recoveries were all different, with this last one taking what felt like forever. Watch your foods too - I set off from some bizarre stuff now. Sausages, toblerone (but not ordinary galaxy!) And a raft of other random things! Try not to stress - no doubt in my mind, one of my biggest enemies. I just go with the flow in an episode now. Rest, read a book and chill. Seems to settle faster that way. Im having a meeting with my Doc again in a couple of weeks, so we shall see what the next cunning plan may be! If its a lifetime of yeuchy meds, I shall likely continue to suffer for those odd days vs feel rubbish for every day! 🤔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.