anyone had pain after angiogram apart from the normal ones ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there i had my fourth angiogram in september 2012 ,they did it in my left arm and the artery was too small to get the tube in and it hurt so much despite the numbing of my wrist they then injected a widening solution into my artery and said you may feel a bit of a tingle my god i felt like i was being electrocuted all over my body nasty really nasty ,after about 3 months i started to get the most severe arm pain now and again and its over a year now and the pain is getting to the point of i want to cry and i am pretty tough i am terrified to tell the doc as they may send me for another angiogram and i truly could not bear the pain of another one especially as i use a walking stick in that hand and have a bad leg and they would only have my groin to go in and its been gone into on my right side ,has anyone had anything like this please thank you ,

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yeah Nitrate Spray and Isosorbide Mononitrate / Dinitrate give you wicked headaches to begin with but once you get used to them they're good smile The spasm isn't mentioned in any of the bumph about Angiograms, I had it after my first one and ended up morphined up neutral but luckily after a little opioid induced snooze I was good to go cheesygrin
  • Posted

Days have now passed since the procedure & I am just exhausted. Did anyone else feel the same?
  • Posted

simoneysimoney like benny says they do not tell you about the after effects and as it is your heart you think oh my god but yes you do feel exhausted and do not want to play, the g.t.n. is a killer for me my head feels like it is exploding bigtime and i am asking for trouble as i avoid it like the plague now but it does help the arm spasms i have from the last op i think i said they damaged the inside of the artery benny suggested that may have happened and the doctor confirmed it i just have to deal with it now for keeps isosorbide is not too bad for headaches when they kick in but by god that nitromin spray i get so dizzy and the pain is horrid ,dry mouth yak and i have to disagree with benny on one point the morphine also is nasty man it hits you like a brick (sorry benny) but it does simon what is your diagnosis please you do not have to say ,but i hope you feel the best as soon as possible good luck luv xx
  • Posted

None of the Nitrates bother me now and I can hardly feel 4/5 sprays of Nitromin redface Given a few months more of healing the spasm might just settle down to an ache from time to time smile
    • Posted

Is that because you have become Nitrate Tolerant which is what happened to me as I had been subscribed Nitrate patches and not taken off the nitrate tablets
    • Posted

pauline do you not have a spray for under your tongue GTN ???
    • Posted

I have one somewhere it works for me now I can tell by the massive headache but when I was nitrate tolerant there was no point a buckle tablet that they give you in the hospital is a 20 spray dose

• Posted

i had buckles at first at home but they just do not work as quick as the spray on the pain i have it stings and the headache and dizziness is horrid but so is the pain in my arms and chest,you have been very helpful to me pauline thank you x
  • Posted

Thanks benny i am still after 8 years, having bother with some of the pills i am on if they change brands particularly and the gtn just knocks me bandy every time i take it it may have a lot to do with having a gimpy leg and it hurts as the spray hits it so i buckle under and the old blood pressure hits the deck closely followed by me hehehe i just roll with it now ,i do get afraid for my grandbaby with the arm thing as she leans so heavily on it and i am scared she may fall bigtime as she is at that age stay lucky kiddo x :-)

• Posted

I have dialated cardiomyopathy with a left bundle branch block which, could have meant fitting a pacemaker & defibrillator, however my angiogram was clear & I don't meet the criteria for a device, which BTW I am very pleased about. Medication, regular check ups & self care should stabilise my condition. Side effects of meds are mild at the mo apart from very cold hands & feet.
  • Posted

oh you will feel cold i have been in blackpool on a very hot day and my legs are like ice and it bloody hurts like a bitch my hands not so much ???
  • Posted

Hi & Happy New Year to you all. It's been almost a month since the dreaded procedure & I'm still shattered.

I have a dog & 3yo & when you are walking them, it's exhausting. My groin starts hurting so that's me que to go home, chill & sleep. My Dr reckons it'll take months before I'm back to normal. He winced when I told him about the muscle spasm.

I haven't yet found any other site that discusses the muscle spasm pain either . . .

• Posted

Ive just had this done through my groin on tuesday its now saturday and i can hardly stand! I had two stents fitted , i thought i was ment to feel better after all this was done i feel shattered anyone else feel the same? 
    • Posted

it takes a while to get used to standing again after the groin one as when i had mine done i had to lay still for 13 hours and with having a really bad back it was weeks before i could walk again properly and you feel like sh*t after the stents have been put in,dont forget someone has been messing about with your heart and it sucks the after effects are worse than the cure hope you feel better soon xxx
    • Posted

Hi I had my angiogram three weeks ago, whilst the procedure went well, I am exhausted all the time and to compound those feelings i can't sleep and keep waking feeling as if getting hot flushes and heart racing, b no pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.