Anyone had to wait over 6 months for an appointment with a consultant

Posted , 8 users are following.

i had been waiting for 6 months for an appointment with a consultant and then when i saw him i wasn't allowed to speak and it lasted all of 10 minutes, needless to say i have complained about him but got nowhere and this was weeks ago i am so upset that noone wants to help me with my prolapse and i have to live with it

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi christine

I waited 6 months after gp referral to see a consultant who referred me to physio and said he would review me in 6 months. Had physio 3 months later without success. Still waiting for follow up 12 months after initial consultation so I contacted consultants secretary finally got a follow up 3 months later. Had my surgery 7 weeks ago total time from seeing gp to having surgery jan2014 till December 2016. As yet have not received an appointment for post op check, I'll be contacting them this week to chase it up. Hang in there good luck

• Posted

Some consultants no longer do post op checks debra not that I agree with it of course. I'm doing some research at the moment looking at Health  Trusts that have opted out of doing them and looking at the reasons why. There is a thread on the forum so I'd be interested to hear the outcome of your phone call. 

• Posted

I am having one at 8 weeks as you know i am in Australia though
    • Posted

Hi matron

The letter sent to my gp said post op opd 8 weeks which is why I'm going to chase it up as I know I need further surgery, I'll let you know what happens 😊

• Posted

Hope you are OK Debra and you get your post op check soon-how do you know you need further surgery?
    • Posted

Hi Debra what surgery did you have done? Couldn't they have done that surgery whilst you were under before? I had to sign a disclaimer just before my posterior repair surgery authorising anterior repair and hysterectomy if deemed necessary.

• Posted

Hi Donna

They consented me for eua anterior repair +|_posterior repair which they did. Surgeon explained after surgery that sometimes they can't get a full picture unless they examine patient under anaesthetic when the ligaments are fully relaxed- just one of those things I guess

• Posted

Hi matron

Rang the hospital this morning and got an appointment for 1st march. Instructions were on my op notes but not on booking clerks system

• Posted

I went to Mayo in Rochester

MN. I got an appointment within 4 weeks and had surgery within 4 weeks of that appointment because the wanted me to use premarin for 4 weeks before surgery. I just returned for a small problem. I got an appointment very quickly and had a procedure to correct one of my problems. I am now back on premrain and will return in 6 weeks for a check up and a date with their physical therapist to help with e stem.I would recommend Mayo. I am from Illinois and the trip was well worth it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.