Anyone had withdrawal symptoms coming off Bendroflumethiazide?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Has anyone stopped taking bendro and had any withdrawal symptoms? I stopped a week ago because after several years of taking them I recently started getting muzzy heads and light headedness.

Thanks

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good morning Lina, I hope you have made an appt to see your GP.  I agree with the general concern about using an online doctor.  There have been reports in the UK about using unscrupulous online pharmacies & it wouldn't surprise me to learn that the online doctors were the same.

At the very least, UK Pharmacists are well regulated & they will take your blood pressure for you when you walk in off the street.  They will ask you what drugs you are taking & will also send you to A&E if they think it appropriate  [perhaps at the w/e if your GP isn't available].

Please go & see your GP, I think you are being foolish by ignoring your health.  Do let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi all,

Thanks for your concern. I went online because I wanted an opinion and it was the weekend, the doctor didn't advise me to withdraw from the bendro, I did that myself a few days earlier. I knew the bendro was making me feel worse so I came off it but the online doctor advised me to go back on half the dose instead or coming off it all together, before seeing my own doctor on the Monday. I did a urine test for Salinity which showed low sodium so that concerned me. I have been on these meds for years and I am aware of the combination of my meds causing hyponatraemia and I was concerned this was happening to me. The online doc was very helpful and reassuring and helped me over the weekend. He couldn't prescribe anything, He didn't tell me to do anything drastic, in fact I thought he was great. His suggestions on diet were very helpful.

I saw my own doctor on Monday and I have stopped the Bendro. I asked whether I should take anything dietary because of my urine test and he said just eat a normal diet. I took a urine sample with me but he did not test it. In fact he didn't suggest anything. I asked if I could have my bloods checked for electrolytes so I am getting that done next week.

I am not a complete idiot, I used to be a nurse and I would not recommend anyone going online for a diagnosis. All I wanted was advice on how I should proceed with diet regarding sodium, potassium etc for the weekend, on the basis of my suspicions and urine test. I felt better on Monday, in fact I drove my car for the first time in ten months.

Pleaser be reassured that I would never accept an online diagnosis.

• Posted

I'm glad you've seen your own gp Lina & reassured that you only used the online doctor as someone to confirm your own thoughts.  I live on a diet of bananas, avocados & tomatoes!  [And other things of course] because of my low potassium levels.

I was pleased to read that you have been able to drive your car again, that must give you a boost too.

• Posted

Thank you,

Yes, driving again felt great!

Hope you are doing well.

Best wishes

• Posted

i was taken off it and put on amoplodine but bp stayed high, plus weight gain. went onto rimipril but i cant lose this weight, despite a calorie defecit and hard exercise. please help!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.