Anyone have sinus issues???

Posted , 11 users are following.

Been on 100mg of sertraline for a week now - prescribed for severe anxitey attacks. Previously took sertraline but that was a few years ago.

I'm getting the usual problems - dry mouth, inability to sleep etc but this time I am also getting a streaming nose and extremely sore sinuses.

Has anyone else had this type of issue, and if so how long did it last?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there. I'm really glad to here you ask that question. I've been on sertraline for approx 2 years now and have constantly got sinus problems. I'm always choked up and last winter had three lots of antibiotics for sinus infections. I had always just assumed I had developed an allergy to something but didn't know what.
    • Posted

Hi I’ve also been taking setraline for a couple of years and have terrible sinus pain also polyps. Did you notice a change from coming off them?? Thanks hope your well 
  • Posted

Perhaps a OTC medicine called 'Contac' will help a little smile
  • Posted

Hi

I also have taken sertraline for about 4 years and now have to take allergy pills for hay feaver symptoms all year round!!

• Posted

Hi

I am so glad I came accross this post. I have been on sertaline since March and I have had 4 or more episodes of sinus. It starts for not reason and I have a yellow nasal discharge. I was getting so worried I had something seriously wrong with me.

Thanks guys you have put my mind at rest.

Ali

• Posted

hi my name is adam been on 100mg for 4 years then off then on 2 years

now Always get that yellow mucas in the nose at the begining and a totaly

diferent taste and smell of the mucas like amonia but this all wor off

• Posted

Yeah I have major Sinus problems too

I was on citalopram for 2 weeks but had to switch to Sertaline, because i was having bad side effects with Citalopram, but I have found (even tho only on my first day of Sertaline) that i'm still getting nose bleeds and sneezing a heck of a lot

please can ya tell me if this will pass with Perserverance?

Thankyou so much take care all xx

• Posted

Hi

I've been on Sertraline for 3 years now and take 150mg. I noticed sinus problems when first taking Sertraline and now have chronic sinusitus (never goes away) i use Sudafed and Sinutab (not together) and that eases the pain and pressure.

I'm glad that people out there are reporting these syptoms as i now have a reason for my sinus problems.

Keep chatting - we're not all going mad

Love to all

Boog

• Posted

Hi

I'm so pleased I found this. Thought I was going mad. I've been on sertraline for about 3 weeks now. And I'm getting all the signs and symptoms. Like dry mouth etc... my doctors are a pain to get hold of and I've been with out my Meds over the weekend. I am now getting the withdrawals. Headaches confusion. I have also been prescribed amoxcilin for having sinusitis. And I've been off work for nearly a week with the horrible flu like symptoms. If I knew that sertraline was going to cause all this is would have thought twice about going on them. As I have read that the withdrawals are worse than the symptoms.

• Posted

I am currently experiencing these symptoms as I have been in almost complete withdrawal for nearly a month. It sucks. Also, I hate the insomnia side effect of WD
  • Posted

I have been on a very low dose of  sertraline  since 2010 and have recently found myself having severe sinus issues causing me not to taste.  I've had a ct scan which showed the sinusitis but no polyps.  I'm trying to just see what may be causing this and I am glad I found this article.  It has helped.  

• Posted

Hi Bobby, 

I also just started sertraline. This is my first time and it’s been 5 days. I started to experience congestion and headaches the second day. I’m almost positive it’s the medication which is unfortunate because I feel like crud now due to the severe congestion. I had not had sinus issues since I was on Prozac seven months ago. Now I feel like it’s SSRI’s that cause congestion. sad I also have a very dry mouth and am thirsty all the time. 

• Posted

Hi, my name is Val. I also have been on sertraline 50mg for about 13 years. Ever since I have developed allergic sinusitis symptoms, that come and go regularly. I have tried every single allergy test, but always negative. My main complain are a non stop post nasal drip and sneezing.

I was wondering if I was to stop the sertraline, and if my condition is sertraline related, how long do you think it would take for me to get rid off these side effects? Or do you think once you developed them, they do not go away.

• Posted

i think it will go away i was citalopram and stopped fir a month and the eye pain i was going to Dr for went away . i just started Zoloft and my stuffiness came back and so did my eye pain. this came back the first day i started the Zoloft. I'm going to check with my Dr.

• Posted

Hello,

Any luck with the stuffiness resolving? im in the exact situation. Look forward to hearing from you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.