anyone have their surgery in the past 2 weeks ?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Im 8 days out of having anterior and posterior vaginal repair with kelly plactation and I'm wondering if anyone would like to keep up with each others progress as we go and share our days with each other I know we all heal differently and we wont heal the same but maybe it will be easier to find out what we are each going through.

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone a speedy recovery

1 like, 96 replies

96 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. My infection cleared up well, tvt repair is amazing I finally went out the other day with no pad woooo the freedom can't recommend it enough. My anterior repair I'm not sure about, still have stitches, still bulgy down there and I think I have a new bulge. If I'm on my feet for too long I can feel some pressure and bulging. Anyone else? I'm just waiting for my 6 week check so I can discuss with my consultant. Hope you are all recovering well, it's been fairly quiet lately so I'm hoping that means you are all doing well x

• Posted

Hi Kelly, I'm pleased your infection cleared up ok and you are doing ok. I still have pressure and bulging as well and so far have not noticed any stitches coming away. I overdid things yesterday and ended up in a lot of pain so I'm going to take things really easy today. It's so frustrating! 

• Posted

Oh no. Yes my stitches are clearly there too and the bulging still. It's quite horrid to look at lol. I'm still hoping it will settle and look a bit normal again. I can't be on my feet too long or walk to far as the pressure gets worse. Feel great first thing in the morning,no bulge at all. All the best to tou

• Posted

Glad to hear you ladies are doing well .

I think I am doing ok still a bigger bulge down there and pressure. No leaking which is wonderful. I do however every now and then I feel a pinch and pulling when I sit a certain way.

• Posted

Hi I am 13 days post rectocel and perionoscopy, stitches a lot better today, although can not just sit have to lounge if you know what I mean. Walking not a problem, walk around the house every 30 mins and am planning a walk around the block with hubby at weekend see how I get on. Doing little jobs like dusting washing few pots and wiping down but hoovering and washing etc can wait a few more weeks, all in all OK really, just want to be able to sit properly then can at least have a trip out in car with hubby xx stay safe everyone
    • Posted

I sat on pillows in the car it helped a lot. Hope your feeling better now it does make sitting very difficult

Wishing you a speedy recovery

• Posted

I can't believe in 5 days I will hopefully get the okay to soak in the tub. Never knew how much I loved my soaks till they got took away again. Hopefully I will get the green light on some adult time with hubby.

What are you ladies excited for in your normal life

• Posted

Hi! I have my follow up appointment next Wednesday. I haven't noticed any stitches coming away as yet and can feel one right at the edge of my vagina so not sure what the consultant will say. I'm also still in some discomfort down there so I think sex is still  a while away 😞

• Posted

I haven't seen any stitches yet but just hoping ive missed them if they came out .

• Posted

It will be better soon keep your head up and relax before you know it it will be time for you as well
  • Posted

Today is the day 6 week post op check up. Feeling a bit nervous still have a bulge down there finally had a stitch come out. I hoping that he will let me do things now.

I will post a update when I get home or in the morning

Happy healing everyone smile

• Posted

Good luck, Stephanie! My 6 week check up is tomorrow. I still haven't seen any stitches but one I could feel seems to have gone. I am still swollen and have a sharp pain on the right at times. Hoping nothing too serious x 

• Posted

Let us k ow how you get on, I'll be 6 weeks next week but haven't had my appointment letter yet. I still have a bulge and looks like a new one too. Still can see stitches. I have that sharp pain to the right also wonder what that is. Hope it goes well x

• Posted

I'm still loosing stitches and still have quite a bit of a bulge. I actually lost 2 stitches today and went to doctor yesterday. The bulge could be from swelling . The doctor told me as long as I'm using the bathroom #1 and 2 okay then I should be okay and it could just be from swelling and it could take a few months before it stops swelling up. Hope that helps to ease your mind a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.