anyone have their surgery in the past 2 weeks ?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Im 8 days out of having anterior and posterior vaginal repair with kelly plactation and I'm wondering if anyone would like to keep up with each others progress as we go and share our days with each other I know we all heal differently and we wont heal the same but maybe it will be easier to find out what we are each going through.

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone a speedy recovery

1 like, 96 replies

96 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

How are all you ladies doing today? I hope things are starting to get better for all of you.

Today seems to be going a bit better for me I used a ice pack last night and I have to admit that it helped with the swelling but there is still a small area that hasn't gone down I'm hoping it will in time.

My poor husband isn't doing so well with it though lol I think the lack of sex is getting to him as he is getting cranky. I know some may say tmi but it really is part of our lives and im sure a lot of you are probably going through that as well. I just remind mine that when we can it will be that much better. Anticipation and my bits being back where they belong will be worth the wait.

he's being very sweet and supportive he and I went out side yesterday and walked a little bit then I was back resting as I was swelling again. Other then that all is going well for me

• Posted

Hi! I'm doing ok, not really losing much at all now and I managed 2 5 minute walks today. It's all progress I suppose. I have a stitch on the outside that's pulling a little and some discomfort if I sit upright for too long but I am doing a little more now, when my husband lets me! 

• Posted

I know what you mean about the sex, poor husband is being very gallant and supportive that my trip to the consultant means that the clock will be going back another 6 weeks minimum as I am listed for another op on Friday.

But am mildly hopeful that the improvements will be worth the wait, as in theory I should have much less pain.

I am a bit older than you and was started on oestrogel as I had also been having problems with vaginal atrophy.  I really noticed that things were improved and plumper. Sorry for all tmi 😊

• Posted

Hope this next op will go well and glad to hear the plumbing is doing better.

Keep us updated please. Hugs

• Posted

Apologies if this is a bit tmi but I only feel comfortable asking on here. Had a look down there today and it's looking abit green in some parts where stitching is/was. No pain or strange discharge and no bleeding. Is this normal.?

• Posted

Bruising?  I can't see where my sutures are so this is just an educated guess.  Hopefully someone else will come along who knows better.  

I would have thought no pain, discharge or bleeding is a good sign.

• Posted

3 weeks post op today and feeling pretty good still have a bulge on the top part but other then that doing good.

How are you other ladies doing

• Posted

Glad to hear you are feeling good lol Stephanie!

I am feeling better than this morning after having a iv of iron. Providing I stay on my bed and lie down I feel bright as a button. Hoping after another couple of ivs I will feel up for walking about.

• Posted

That's great news Stephanie,

I've had a bit of a set back and got an infection in and behind my outside stitch which has been pretty painful but I'm on antibiotics. Also seem to have another bulge towards the back but all the ladies including the wonderful matron has been reasuring me that this may all be normal. I'm 2 weeks tomorrow post tvt and anterior repair. X

• Posted

Hi Stephanie, 

I'm pleased you're doing well. I am also making good progress. I am up to 3 very short walks a day now - each one lasting less than 10 minutes as I get pain if I'm on my feet for much longer. The swelling seems to come and go. I'm itching to do more round the house but accepting that I can't as yet. 

• Posted

That's Great. I'm ready to do stuff around the house as well as I'm not one to sit much that's been my biggest challenge yet I believe.

But we just have to keep telling our self it will be worth it in the end.

I've even been teaching myself to crochet just to keep me busy it's working out okay so far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.