anyone have their surgery in the past 2 weeks ?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Im 8 days out of having anterior and posterior vaginal repair with kelly plactation and I'm wondering if anyone would like to keep up with each others progress as we go and share our days with each other I know we all heal differently and we wont heal the same but maybe it will be easier to find out what we are each going through.

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone a speedy recovery

1 like, 96 replies

96 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I was 3 weeks post a enterocele repair on Friday.  Still feel tired and very dizzy on standing due to anaemia since the op. From a vaginal/suture site PoV things are healing very well. Unfortunately for reasons I don't know yet the surgeon chose not to repair the rectocele that I was also listed for and everyday I am having problems with bowels.  I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow and will be seeing colorectal consultant at the end of next week for investigations. 

How are you feeling Stephanie?

• Posted

What are you taking for your anaemia Mossup because your recovery will be harder if isn't addressed? 

• Posted

The consultant advised against supplements because of the risk constipation and the GP also said he wouldn't recommend.  So I have been eating black pudding daily (my diet is very healthy but monotonous 😝wink 

I will be asking the colorectal consultant later in the week for advice, I am wondering if something like floradix would have the same side effects...

It will be interesting to see what my levels are doing when I get my bloods done this week.

• Posted

There are things that would help that would prevent constipation but it's important to decide which is a priority because constipation can easily be rectified. Your haemaglobin may have improved since your last blood test though. Fingers crossed.

• Posted

So far it seems to be swelling it has gotten a little better but still there. I will give it a couple more days of rest before calling the doctor .

As far as the anemia goes spinch turiup greens will help alot with that it also helps bowel movements become better. When I was a child I had anemia and took iron pills daily once I was a teen I looked to foods that could help and ever since no more iron pills and no anemia. Hope this helps you some

• Posted

I have been consuming a lot of rahmspinat (spinach with small amount of cream) and lots of oranges and kiwi fruit for vit c.

think I need to check how much iron is kohlrabi, as I really like that smile

I found ice packs very soothing so hope they help with the swelling, and lying down. I kept forgetting to lie down when I first got home (so nice to have my comfy sofa back!!)

• Posted

Discharge anyone?

I'm having very slight discharge, almost like the end of a period but with a slight smell sorry if tmi. I'm 4 days post op from a tvt and anterior repair. Bleeding has kind of stopped now I think

• Posted

Discharge is normal from what I hear so is bleeding as long as its not a large amount and bright red. As far as the smell I don't know how it smells but it shouldn't really have an odor I don't think hopefully someone else will reply that might know

• Posted

I've been bleeding constantly with discharge since surgery which almost 2 weeks ago now - it's that heavy but still need pads. There is a slight smell but figured it was due to different blood to period. Checked google for answers about how long bleeding can happen and read up to 6 weeks. Due a period now and dreading it as mine are generally bad anyway sad

• Posted

Very normal, as is the "smell" I think it's the stitches dissolving i had the same

• Posted

I should add though if it is offensive or fishy could be a sign of infection and needs to be checked
    • Posted

It's not an offensive smell, just different and i have read it is normal but if it gets worse I'll get it checked.

• Posted

Thanks ladies, I'll keep eye on it. Pain is definitely easing off I think but still getting twinges with certain movements especially when sitting or getting up. My mums not letting me out the house but I'm desperate to go for. Walk somewhere. I'm sure my mum is loving the 'nurse' role a bit too much lol.

Feels great not weeing myself anymore and not having a bulge between my legs when I walk. It had been so long with it there feels weird not having it but certainly don't miss it. Just stay there pleaseeeee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.