Anyone help??

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have been wondering n mirtazipine for 2 and a half years I have finally stopped 7 days ago my final dose was 1mg ruffley but I’m starting to feel the effects been very hungover and off food poorly stomach and itchy can anyone tell me how long this lasts I feel terrible but had to come off them as it was making my anxiety worse and really fast heart rate 

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Linz 

sorry I can't help you much as I'm going through the mirtazapine withdraws myself and I've been hit with all them ,itching,sweats,upset tummy,headaches,anixty,low moods the list goes on... I'm close to my 4week free of mirtazapine and I'm finding the withdrawals are now coming in waves which is awful anixty being the worse,are you taking any meds to help with withdrawals ? I take propanol (beta blockers)which slows heart rate down a little... reading through the posts on different sites it seems at no matter what dose you stop at you get the withdrawls symptoms...

Did mirtazapine not agree with you ? Or where they just not helping you ?

Kaz 

• Posted

Hi yeah I take propanalol 2 and vitamin b complex as it’s suppose to help with withdrawal this is the 4th time I’ve tried to come off them but had to reinstate all other attempts as I couldn’t handle the ill effects. Your doing really well 4 weeks off them my longest was 21 days, the gp has gave me fluoxetine but I really don’t want to be dependent on AD anymore!! I started to become ill from taking mirtazipine so I cut down over a year but I just want to feel my normal self again. 
    • Posted

Hi 

i was changed onto mirtazapine last year starting at 15mg and went up to 45mg which caused so much anixty,never suffered from anixty in my life until I used mirtazapine,doc stopped my 45mg and changed me to different anti depressant which was unbearable I went back 15mg mirtazapine but they never really helped me just made me sleep and caused more anixty also piled on a lot of weight..To be honest being taken of 45mg has them same withdrawls as being taken of the 15mg so I truly believe we just have to hang in there with the awful symptoms and pray it won't take to long until we start to feel better.. I can't take fluoxetine makes me feel worse...like yourself I just to get back to my normal self though god only knows how long these hateful symptoms will last....keep me posted on how your getting on and I wish you all the best in this awful rollercoaster ride....

kaz

• Posted

Wishing you all the best too and let me know how you get in As well take care x
    • Posted

I was on 15mg for about 9months doc told me just to stop them but I had 1 tablet left so halfed it and took 7.5mg last 2 nights...have you used kalms herbal tablets ? I've saw a lot of people trying these which they say helps with the panic,I've used them myself didn't think they helped me but you might be different...good luck and if there's anything I can help you with just send me a message,think talking to some one who is going through the same seems to help a little...

kaz

• Posted

No I have never tried them magnesium has been suggested to help with anxiety maybe give them ago and yeah will keep intouch talking does help 🙂

• Posted

Hey there,

Do you find propanolol to help with anxiety/sleep? What dose? Last thing in my tool belt that I havent tried. I am 4 weeks off, anxiety and sleep still an issue. Thankyou.

• Posted

Hi Gretel

Sorry I'm just seeing this now. I'm 5wks tomorrow of mirtazapine and feel better now yes think propana do help a little as it was anixty that was worse for me when I stopped mirtazapine, still not sleeping great but if the other withdrawals stay away I can cope with the not sleeping part.... how are you feeling ? its unreal how many side effects comes from this withdrawal yet docs keep saying there is none..... 

kaz

• Posted

silly iPad plays up every time I'm on this site that meant to say propranolol 

kaz

• Posted

Hey Kaz.

I am going to take propanol this evening. Im still anxious and depressed. But yesterday i went out and got my haircut. Always makes me feel better. Now, if I could get some sleep! Hope you are doing well. XO

• Posted

Hi Gretel

Hope the propanalol is helping you and that's great you got your hair really does make ou feel better.... That's me going into my 6th week of mirtazapine still have anixty but I'm trying just to ride it out ( hard to do at times) but il never ever take another mirtazapine in my life... I know they work for some ( seems to be a very few ) they surely didn't work for me ... I've slept better last 2 nights so fingers crossed I'm over the worse but as you know withdrawals have nasty habit of popping up again so for now I take one day at a time and just can't wait until they are well gone from my body. Keep me updated on how your getting on.... 

Good luck

Kaz x

• Posted

Hello,

Geez...took 60 propanolol er last nite. Didn't fall asleep til 6 am. Feel like the walking dead, no amount of coffee is going to fix this. Been trying, 8 cups. Thank God for my supportive bf. He lets me be me and its ok. If i can get to the shower that would be grand. I'm having horrendous hot flashes, dizziness and nausea. My moods are flipping wildly. Trying to keep in mind the greater cause. This is today, this is not my life. Stay strong my fellow travelers. XO

• Posted

Hiya

sorry to hear your feeling better, I'm meant to take 60mg propanalol at day but mine comes in 10mg tablets so I'm just using 10mg 3times per day they defo don't make me sleep but they settle the inside shaking for a while... it's crazy trying to get of mirt so many withdrawals... have you used kalms herbal tablets ? I'm starting wk 6 free of mirt and just pray it gets easier, I just take 1 day at a time and hope for the best unreal what a mess these tabs can leave you in

Kaz x

• Posted

that meant to say NOT feeling better don't know why but each time I'm on this site my keypad seems to freeze. And misses half of my typing

Kaz x

• Posted

Hi linzi

I'm doing just fine ( hopefully it stays that way ) starting to feel more normal now so I'm praying that's the worse over me but as you know mirt withdrawals came just pop back, I'm heading to 7wks ..

How are you getting? Hope your doing good too.. are you still on the low dose of mirt ? 

Kaz

• Posted

Hi that’s great really pleased for you no I’m off it again hopefully kick it this time congratulations on 7 weeks that’s amazing 
    • Posted

Thank you just hope no more withdrawals pop up again but one day at a time il take it, glad to hear your off it again and wish you all the best of staying of it, you can do it !!

keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on...

wishing you all the best

kaz

• Posted

Hi kaz how are you doing? Are you still off it? I’m not to good got another ear infection and feeling terrible again god how long does this go on for!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.