Anyone help??

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have been wondering n mirtazipine for 2 and a half years I have finally stopped 7 days ago my final dose was 1mg ruffley but I’m starting to feel the effects been very hungover and off food poorly stomach and itchy can anyone tell me how long this lasts I feel terrible but had to come off them as it was making my anxiety worse and really fast heart rate 

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there...you may have a few weeks ahead of you but I promise you it does get better. Also it comes in waves. Just try to ride it out and know that you will have another good day. I am still having waves and I'm at about 4 weeks off. But they are not as bad as they were. Hang in there! Anxiety is the worst but it always passes.

• Posted

Hi are you off them now? What was your final dose I really don’t want to reinstate might just ride it out as best I can 
    • Posted

I have been off of them for 4 weeks exactly. I thought I was fine but I'm having a terrible time for the last few days. Anxiety is through the roof and horrible uncomfortable thoughts. My last dose was 3.75 mg which I only did for 4 days and was down from 7.5 mg for 3 weeks. That's all I took! I don't get it. Although I am coming out of a traumatic time. Everyone is different so try not to base your experience on mine. Sending love..

• Posted

Sorry your having a bad time too I had a good day yesterday so my plan is to take each day as It comes since I stopped them I’m sleeping a lot better I take beta blockers for anxiety which I feel help 
    • Posted

I am about to jump off 3.75 is that ok?  I know it will be rough ride. How are you doing now six weeks on. Just feel i need support. Dr gave me diazepam for the anxiety waves.
    • Posted

Hey Ann! How long have you been taking it? I am pleased to say that the anxiety and insomnia has passed. I am still left with days where I have this deep depression but I have ok days too. It is slooooowly getting better. I have also been taking supplements, going to therapy, and started reiki sessions which is amazing. I am drug free for 7 weeks! And I plan on staying that way. I jumped off at 3.75 mg but I was only taking them for about a month and another AD for a month before that. I hear if you've been on for awhile you should taper more slowly. I had HORRENDOUS withdrawals just from that but I am so so extremely sensitive to medicine and everyone is different. Regardless of what you do you will get through it, it just may suck for awhile. But this too shall pass! <3

• Posted

Thanks linzi, I hope you are feeling better now that some time has passed. Weeks 4 and 5 were the worst for me and now I am slowly getting better. I see the light at the end of the tunnel! I am sleeping fine now. Probably better than ever but it may be the supplements and diet I have adapted to. Knock on wood! Best of luck to you!
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm having a bit of anxiety out of the blue this morning. Just pushing on through! What I really need is this depression and low mood to leave. Do you have problems with this as well?

• Posted

Hi Linzi

In mho, I think even 1mg in too high a dose to stop at, Mirt WD has a way of catching you out, some folk go 0.9mg, 0.8, right down to 0.1mg ... staying on each of those doses for at least a week, preferably 2 weeks, then, if in doubt, and believe me I've tried this, take the 0.1 mg every other day for a week or even 2, then 3 times a week, then 2 etc.  You can do this by making a liquid by crushing the tablets, or using Mirt Sol Tabs.  

You say you have tried 4 times to come off Mirt, so maybe this will help you a little.  Of course you have a choice to ride it out, but if were you I wouldn't wait, give yourself that kindness, I would reinstate back to 1mg, wait to stabilise, maybe a couple/3/4 weeks then decrease as above.

To make a liquid:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/mirtazapine-making-a-liquid-to-help-tapering-614122

Wishing you well.

Wishing you well.

• Posted

Hi linzi

Just wondering how are are getting on ? Are you feeling any better ?

Kaz 

• Posted

Hi I’m just the same because t feeling a little depressed but trying to ride it out are you any better has the anxiety calmed any? 
    • Posted

Hiya

I had been doing great last 5days but today I've not felt so good anixty is high, feeling sick, sweats again just hope it passes quickly 

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Kaz

• Posted

Hopefully it passes quick and was just an off day your doing amazing keep it up x
    • Posted

Hi linzi

Just popping in to see how your getting on ? Hope your feeling a little better...

Kaz 

• Posted

Hi kaz I’ve had to take a tiny bite even crumbs of a 15 not worth even having it but it stabled me out I’m gutted how are you? 
    • Posted

Hiya

Well if it helped you then no harm done ,I'm getting there (I think) still the anixty and awful ringing in my ears ,it's coming close to 6wks off mirt so fingers crossed I'm over the worse of it but I'll take one day at a time and just hope for the best... 

keep me updated on how things are going for you.

wishing you all the best through this mirt hell....

Kaz 

• Posted

I see you are having same problems as me. Kaz has been great help. I am at 3.75 for last few months, want to stop, did you find that biting a bit off helped smooth it a bit.

GP said just jump off at 3.75 but its not meant to be easy.  Have ibs problems, nausea, anxiety.   How on earth do we get through this, any hints

• Posted

Hi Ann yes a little bite does help and propanalol!! it’s definitely not easy but I’m hoping  that kick it very soon some people get withdrawal some don’t I hope you get through it soon 
    • Posted

HI kaz anxiety is a killer atm please tell me it’s gets better I don’t want to re take again 😟

• Posted

Hey Linzi, It will pass. These symptoms come in waves, even the anxiety. It is the mirt demon working on you. Try to do Anything you can right now...fix your hair, call a friend, pet a cat...it will pass...and you are not alone.
    • Posted

Hi linzi

yes anxiety has been high for me today it just comes in waves I try and hold of my propanalol until I feel the anxiety coming on then I take 10mg which seems to help... Try not to start taking mirtazapine again I know it's tough but so are we!!!

God only knows how long it will take for us to feel normal but I'm never taking another 1of them mirtazapine again, I'm 7wks free of them in 4days it really does get better linzi you will find the anxiety becomes less as I'm no longer waking up in mornings with anxiety and I did feel normal for a few days during the wk

keep up your hard work it will pay if in the end ( well that's what I'm telling myself) 

wishing you well

message me anytime you need a chat 

kaz

• Posted

Thanks so much for the reply glad your doing better kaz 
    • Posted

Hey linzi, i am having a better past few days. Anxiety has lessened a bit, or I am managing it better. I am a bit less depressed. I need to reassure myself that things are ok, and ease up on the guilt. I am so happy to have this site as to take my temperature while going through this. Remember things come in waves, I think it could be our body's way of letting us know it's getting better. Xo

• Posted

Hi linzi

Just wondering how your getting on? Hope your starting to feel better.. where you able to stay of mirtazapine? 

Kaz

• Posted

Hi Gretel

glad to see your feeling a bit better.... I'm 7wks free of mirt tomorrow... crazy how withdrawls last isn't it ? I'm like yourself my anxiety seems to be less though can pop up for no reason at all. I've still got parts of my skin going crazy with itch but can cope with that, just hope that's the awful parts of withdrawls away, though with that mirtazapine you just never know..

kaz

• Posted

Hi kaz yeah still off it anxiety is massive and chest pains are not good but trying to stick at it!  glad your nearly  Over it all it’s awful but your doing  great x
    • Posted

Coming down mirtazapine have hit a brick wall, ibs d and nausea along with other withdrawals including anxiety.  Anyone else get digestive issues?
    • Posted

Hi linzi

glad to hear your still of mirt....anxiety is still with me just trying my best to let it pass, sleeping is not great but the odd night I get a good sleep , 7wks today from I took mirt so just take a day at a time as you know you never can tell when the withdrawals come back or how long they last...

you are doing great well done you !!

keep me updated on how your getting on...

wishing you all the best

Kaz

• Posted

Hi linzi

just wondering how your getting on ? Are you still off the mirtazapine? Hope you feeling better

kaz

• Posted

Hi kaz sorry for the late reply yes still off it but really bad anxiety first thing on a morning is terrible like I’m going to have a full blown panic attack rapid heart rate it’s awful how are you doing? 
    • Posted

Hi linzi

Im 9wks today of the crap....

my anixtey comes and goes just trying to plod on through,I've had to get antibiotics from doc as I've took a heavy cold which has now went into my chest ( could be withdrawls) but cough is unreal..

mirnings were worse for me with anixty,it kicked in even before my eyes were fully opened, what I done was I took propanalol the minute I wakened and waited for it to take effect but it does get better so hang in there your doing great.... 

ive no anixety when waking now think it lasted around 6/7wks but remember it foes stop...

im finding anixety just popping up from no where now but it don't seem to last as long thank goodness.

keep me updated on how your getting on

plus keep plodding on your doing great on this it really does get easier

Good luck 

Kaz x

• Posted

Hey kaz,

Hope you feel better. Ive had a better couple of days even though i have had to fight myself to get them. Take care.

• Posted

Hi Gretel

Great to hear you have had some better days.... so pleased for you...

i still find days where I need to fight with myself having to get myself moving but defo isn't as bad as fighting with myself motivated when on mirt 

keep going it's gets better and well done again we will get there !!

kaz

• Posted

Hi, we spoke earlier in posts.  I have had great help,from Kaz here.  She is where we all want to be, getting better.

i notice you also wake with anxiety, i havent made my final jump and i have it, did you have it when on last taper and is it not going away? I am so scared the final cut will make me so much worse i dont think i could stand it.  This is an evil med and i feel drs dont tell you enough about it or why would we take it.  Have you replaced it with another a/d?

• Posted

Gretel

im so pleased for you....

keep it going ,I know it tough at times but so are we !

keep me updated on how your getting on

well done you , you can do this !!!

kaz x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.