Anyone here post turp, more than 6 months.?? How are things now??

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had trup surgery on June 15th this year,...started cathing 10 weeks prior to that because of almost total retention..

I am now 11 weeks post surgery..I have been through dark times and some highs too. I can pee naturally now (standing/sitting....sitting clears more, if not all from my bladder) and Im hoping I can stay off cathing..time will tell.

Are there any people here who are (say) 12 months or so, post turp ..

I am interested in other peoples experiences and what they think is their final outcome regarding sucess/partial or not of their surgery..?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi GInAndPlatnic46. I had the TURP procedure 11th February 2019 at the age of 68 and the immediate beneficial effect is that my flow is 3 times faster that before TURP and that I have no retention. I do have RE but, as I had that as a side-effect of Tamsulosin anyway, I'm not too bothered about that. I'm not due to see my urologist until February 2020 but I'm happy with the results so far.

• Posted

I had the TURP procedure 11th February 2019

I had mine 9 days after you and am also pretty much 100% satisfied. Did your doctor not do a 90 post-op checkup? I had one where he measured PVR (mine was also zero) and, to my surprise, did a DRE.

• Posted

Thats great news...I like to read positive outcomes..I feel mine is positive now also,.A month ago I would not have said that. Of late my stream is strong and getting better.Good luck for the future Grunthos.

• Posted

Hi lee56659. I was followed up three weeks after the procedure which in my opinion was far to early as I was still peeing blood and debris. However, I had zero retention. As I'm in the UK and realise that the NHS is under extreme pressure, I wasn't too surprised. I was told that I would be followed up 3 months after TURP but that hasn't happened and I had a letter dated 13th July stating that my next appointment will be 11th February 2020, exactly one year after TURP. The NHS works in mysterious ways!!

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I hope everybody's condition improves. I may post again in six months time to give everyone an update.

• Posted

I am in UK also...I had an appointment due three months after my op...because I couldnt pee though, I was allocated a new one after one month...not that it helped me any...my next one now is middle of October....but Im happy as things have improved for me personally....I wish anyone having problems after surgery the very best .!

• Posted

I was followed up three weeks after the procedure which in my opinion was far to early as I was still peeing blood and debris. However, I had zero retention.

I had a 2 week follow-up which was basically just a "how are you doing, any questions" visit. My uro told me it would take 3 months for everything to fully heal and at that visit, he measured PVR and did a DRE (wasn't expecting that!). I also had a cystoscopy which I get every 3 months for 2 years after bladder cancer treatment (only 2 more to go!) I don't think I noticed any real changes after about 6 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.