Anyone like me?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just curious about everyones starting point! I was 13st when I started, and have have lost 4lb in just over 2 weeks, it's slow moving but at least its coming off! I'm eating 1200 cal a day, excercising 5 days a week and obviously eating low fat stuff. I feel great so far but wondered if anyone else had a slow beginning? My first week nothing much moved but now its almost a pound every 2 days! Will it start speeding up for me now do you think?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

well i started at 18 stone and lost 1 stone in the first 4 weeks. since then in the last 2 months ive lost nothing at all

• Posted

So you lost a lot at first then it slowed down? See that seems to be the most common thing I've seen with everyones stories, but I seem to be doing it backwards..
    • Posted

if you are loosing weight then its wicked. i dont think they are all that to he fair. but we are all different to so might be perferct for you.
    • Posted

Aw I hope so! I just get jealous when I see how people lost tons of weight so quickly! I suppose everyones body is different.
    • Posted

so i do tho. i hate myself so much and i cant loose weight. my doctor dont give a crap about me. so i get more and more down about it
  • Posted

I just completed my first week. I was 16st  4 and I've lost 7 lb in my first week. Keep at it! X
  • Posted

It's probably because your starting weight is a lot less than others. The more you weigh the quicker it comes off. I've now lost 5 stone since January and now weigh 12st 9lb. You're lucky to be starting out at 13 stone. A hell of a lot of people of here have starting weights of towards 20stone!!

Good luck and stick to it!!

• Posted

did you do that on orlistat then? cus im not loosing anything
    • Posted

Yes, I was prescribed them in February and been on them since. My weight loss has slowed down loads recently but as long as it's coming off I don't mind how slow it happens.
    • Posted

How long have you been on them? And how much do you weigh?

• Posted

Unusual to have not lost anything then! I don't want to hijack Lorna's post but if either of you want to message me we can chat about what sorts of foods you're eating x
    • Posted

Ah yes I suppose that does make sense! I'm very lucky then I guess, I wasn't quite in the catagory for the drug, but my BMI was still 33 so the doctor decided if I wanted to go on it I could, considering that it was still very high. It's cause I'm little, only 5ft 2! Hopefully it will start to shift a bit faster now x
  • Posted

I started at 18 stone and lost 9lbs in first week. Its definitely because your a much lower starting weight.  Just be positive about the looses your doing great x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.