Anyone NOT had any side effects on Citalopram?

Posted , 526 users are following.

Hi there,

After much deliberation, talking to just about anyone I could find and generally scouring the internet for information, I have decided to go with the Docs advice and take Citalopram, starting today. And then I found this site....

Has anyone NOT had any side effects on this? It is making me feel very worried about taking it. Am I just going to have to sit tight and presume the worst? Are there people who take it and dont feel nauseous and tired or even worse to begin with?

I would really appreciate any comments.

Thanks

M

38 likes, 5315 replies

5315 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

started on 10mg citalopram feel great now compared to before very little noticable side effects a bit of nausea yawn a good bit sleep better a nights and on the whole thank god for citalopram !

Could physically not have went on how i was and emotionally not as edgy or anxious. Would not hesitate to say to anyone give it a try see how you go don't knock it down give it a chance

• Posted

heyyy, i started 10 mg citalopram yesterday, dont feel much different yet, but just feel really really sick and have a headache, does that go ??? and if anything so far its just made my vision worse, but thats all! how long did it take to kick in for you xx
    • Posted

heyyy, i started 10 mg citalopram yesterday, dont feel much different yet, but just feel really really sick and have a headache, does that go ??? and if anything so far its just made my vision worse, but thats all! how long did it take to kick in for you xx

• Posted

hi Jade you need to go to the last post on the forum, as this one is from a year ago so bigmag may be fine now so not coming on here anymore, pick up with the current guys at the last post, 

Anne

• Posted

ahh sorry im new to this! thank you! haha xx
    • Posted

Hi please can you tell me how long it took to kick in? I have been taking 10mg for 4 days and have to up to 20mg in 3 days....anxiety at peak level and I'm struggling can't wait to feel better

• Posted

Hi everyone, istarted on 2omg on tues have felt shocking, insomnia,dizzy,shakey,felt drunk,anxious...so on sat i broke the tablet in two, so today i feel a touch better just v tired,had a feel anxious moments but didnt last llong , im just worried now im gonna get withdrawel symptoms or do you think ive not been on them long enough.any advice please ....
  • Posted

Hello, I have been on Citalopram for just over 5 weeks now.

I started at 10mg (1/2 tablet) for a week then up to 20mg.

Initially felt sick so I changed the time that I take my tablet from AM to just before bed, all feelings of nausea have now dissapeared and I am starting to feel better.

Stick with it and good luck

Best wishes

A

• Posted

Hi, I've been on 10 mg for 9 days now anxiety is better but I'm so. Tired and dizzy have a constant dull headache has anyone else experienced this and does it get better ?/ I sometimes wish I hadn't gone on them sad
    • Posted

Been on 10mg for 2 weeks and 20mg for two days. I feel the same, no energy, a luttle dizzy and headache!
  • Posted

Hi, I've been on 10 mg for 9 days now anxiety is better but I'm so. Tired and dizzy have a constant dull headache has anyone else experienced this and does it get better ?/ I sometimes wish I hadn't gone on them sad
  • Posted

Hi Nikkie

I felt like you at the beginning and now I feel GREAT!!! Keep on going with them, it will get better!

Good luck

M smile

• Posted

How long did it take you to get better?

I've been on 40 mg just over a week. Insanely nauseas and more anxious

• Posted

How long did it take ??? Thanks so much for replying I feel so crappy , i just want to feel normal again smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.