Anyone skip periods and then start again going through this?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm just curious if anyone going through this has skipped periods then start, then skipped then start. I thought this was part of peri but maybe not?

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm 42 and have been in peri for seven years. I have not skipped any yet but my sisters who are also going through it have experienced skipped periods. I have one sister who hasn't seen here since last June and my other sister saw hers either in November or December and is just now seeing it again this week. So yes it does skip around sometimes.
    • Posted

How do you know you were in peri if you had no skipped periods? I thought that was maybe a tell tell sign? Just curious because I have no idea when I started my peri.
    • Posted

You don't know for sure. But usually, you get really heavy periods sometimes and hot flashes. Maybe some emotional changes. It doesn't really matter when peri starts. Could last a few years.
    • Posted

Yea, I was just wondering how long I may have been in it and not realized it. Looking back, I may be able to guess because I just didn't think much about symptoms back then but I do remember back in 2010-11 I had some heavy periods and clotting and the Dr wanted to do an abrasion, or I should say she offered to do it but when she said I could ride it until menopause, that made my decsion not to do it.
    • Posted

You get the symptoms long before your periods start skipping. I have been having these symptoms for several years now.
    • Posted

Hot flashes, night sweats, weight changes, panic attacks, anxiety, irregular periods, flu-like symptoms, migraines, heart palpitations, high blood pressure, depression, moody, etc, etc. My mom when into when she was my age( 42). Plus I had one of my ovaries removed several years back and the doctor told me I'd go into menopause early.
    • Posted

Hmmm...so heart palpitations, anxiety, panic attacks, maybe weight change a little bit, moody for sure and of course the irregular periods now. Oh and I do remember back in 2010, 11, and 12 my periods would be really heavy passing big clots from time to time.
  • Posted

Hi Lyn,

My last two years of peri were like that I'd miss 2 or 3 then have 2 or 3 normal ones always roughly the right time (within a couple of days).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.