Anyone suffer from severe left back pain ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have left side back pain under the ribs that has gotten worse over the last three weeks....I'm also severely constipated.....when I do ho I have yellow stools.......I'm also too scared to go to doctor because I'm very worried about the diagnosis

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What other symptoms do you have? Do you have pain after eating, are you vomiting, is there any weight loss? I suffer from chronic pancreatitis due to being born with two pancreatic ducts. I am always in pain and always constipated but it's the other symptoms you also need to look out for. If your stools are clay or pale then you should see a doctor right away because your bile isn't going through correctly. It took the doctors over a year to diagnose my pancreas issues and I was born with them. The pancreas is the hardest organ to diagnose, therefore I wouldn't wait.

• Posted

how did the doctors find out, if i may ask? i feel the same pain under my left rib radiating to my whole left part of body, and back), but its weird some days i feel almost fine and some days its really terrible and disabling. (i am eating the same low fat food all the time) i feel the pain since i had acute pancreatitis at least thats what i think it was (i had it after eating a lot of fat food and drinking alcohol). its been 4 months since then. i had endoscopy was diagnosed with gastritis and inflamed duodenum, i had endoscopy a few days ago and nothing was wound, sono were clear as well. i am now waiting for mri scan. i am afraid that its chronic pancreatitis and that i will never recover

• Posted

I had a CT Enterography show atrophy of my pancreas then a MRCP was ordered which confirmed Pancreas Diviseam. Afterwards I have had eight ERCPs done for treatment. However, I had loss 50 pounds in a matter of months, hair loss, itching, vomiting everday the list goes on and on. My blood didn't show anything because I was already chronic. The doctors weren't considering CP because I am only 39 and I was 37 at the time. It's highly uncommon for people my age to get CP but common for elderly people unless you're a hard core and I mean the hard stuff every day for years alcoholic.

• Posted

Yes I lost weight because I quit drinking soft drinks and basically quit eating or just ate crackers and oat meal to see if would help me....after going on the 20 fat grams or less a day diet my stools now sink but are still a light brown tan color or yellow....

I'm in a really bad spot right now...I'm consumed with fear........I need help..

• Posted

I would also say don't worry about going in. Get some relief for the pain (Tramadol, maybe?) and get on some digestive meds (CREON).

I have the rib and back pain, too, but the medication helps a lot!

• Posted

Yes, it was from my pancreas. It's been a rough ride. In fact, I just lost my job and insurance yesterday because of it. Fun times.

Ask about surgery options. Islet cell transplant is gaining some real traction...

• Posted

wow I'm sorry to hear. I lost my insurance fighting for that now, I don't know if mine is pancreas but i pretty sure it is...most test don't show anything (blood test or ultrasound and endoscopy ). only have been diagnosed with gastris and heatial hernia

• Posted

That stinks, Eugene. If you can afford an MRI, get one. That's the best way to diagnose. Look into charity care if you have to. That's what I'm doing. Take care of you.

• Posted

The islet cell transplant is my next step. I will have my pancreas removed and cells transplanted to my liver after my last ERCP next month. It is amazing how much work one organ does!

• Posted

My transplant surgeon and alcohol surgeon both swear by islet. It sounds like the best option for folks who are candidates. Before getting discouraged, ask and see. It's not done at most hospitals (maybe 11 in the US), but it can be life-changing.

• Posted

I don't have an option because I was born with two ducts but it will be at a hospital that does it. I am hopeful it will be a success. Anything has to be better than what I am currently going through.

• Posted

I understand. The pain can be horrific. Don't give up hope.

• Posted

I actually do a lot of things to try and distract my mind from the pain. I don't want to be defined by my medical conditions. One thing I have learned, CP is a very manageable condition. With a low fat diet and taking care of yourself, you can live a good life. I do not dwell on the things I cannot change. I know it'll be a long recovery but I have overcome a lot and will overcome this too. Worrying about it doesn't do me any good.

• Posted

Yes I lost weight because I quit drinking soft drinks and basically quit eating or just ate crackers and oat meal to see if would help me....after going on the 20 fat grams or less a day diet my stools now sink but are still a light brown tan color or yellow....

I'm in a really bad spot right now...I'm consumed with fear........I need help....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.