Anyone take xanax and Citlopram?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been taking xanax for anxiety for a year now at first PRN and then .025 mg twice a day and for

the past 2 weeks i have taken 1 mg split up 4 times a day every 4 hours and it has stabilized me.

Finally. Dr wanted me on Cit 2 months ago i took one 20 mg pill at 1pm and then a 0.5 mg xanax at 10pm and got hot feeling threw my chest and was nauseated in bed for a week dr said it had nothing to do with the meds? So here I am again dr wanted me to to try again i got the guts finally today to

take my first 10 mg cit I also have been taking my regular dose xanax,I am scared to death of the

side effects of cit. Any info any help anything would be great i took it this am at 1045am and have felt fine a bit of energy for some reason but i am getting a little off feeling now so anyway would love to

hear anybodys stories and thoughts thanks

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Marley, just took my first today after great deliberation since before xmas. I took mine at about 6 pm , not wanting to take it at bedtime because I took 1 ,with the intension of starting when I got them before xmas and I was awake all night. So I thought I d try a bit earlier this time . The thought of it is making me worse, my mind is racing , can't stop going to the loo (to open my bowels) and here I am again wide awake at 1am .i will persevere though , I need to I've it a chance or my dr will wash her hands of me. So good luck to you ,I'll keep checking in on here cos I fin fit helps to talk about how you feel xx
  • Posted

I am right here with ya i did the same thing i kept putting it off but i had to for my husband and kids and

myself i am hoping all goes well for both of us,I have been ok I am having a little jittery feeling right no but

that might be the xanax wearing off i hope the having the xanax helps. I will be thinking of you and I will also

check in on you. hang in there we got this!!!!!

• Posted

Ha, it's good to know somebody else up with you , when your struggling through the night. Thanx for replying, and yes maybe we can do this together.The only additional meds I have is amatriptaline at night .although it used to be given as an antidepressant it's used now as a pain treatment.( suffer bad neck n back pain ) It's funny I thought it was just me being indecisive about taking cit. I too have partner commitments etc., he s having surgery in 4 wks so hoping I will be able to cope .good luck to you stick at it. Would nt it be nice to just take the pill go to sleep and wake up better !!!! If only.
  • Posted

Oh I wish it would work like that, I have been trying to drink some tea at night and a HEATING pad on my

chest works wonders also. I also try to listen to music at night. I am thinking the 10 mg might be a better

dose for me then the 20 was but it has only been 10 hrs also lol I also have pinched nerves in my neck and

have just started physical therapy uhg,Guess I will get some tea and watch tv try to relax and think good

thoughts IT IS GOING TO WORK FOR US!!! night

• Posted

hi Marley

I started on five mg and increased to 10 after two weeks and then to 15 after two weeks and then finally to 20 mg. I only felt rubbish on the day I increased. Good luck

• Posted

Well Marley, I made it til morning, but must say I broke down this morning when my partner was leaving for work .dont ask , !! I don't know why , I just felt alone and scared. Making myself go out now to occupy my mind . I ll check in with you later . Hope you are ok this morning.
  • Posted

I have taken one 10 mg pill at 1045am yesterday and this am i woke with a bit of a upset belly. I also am

having some chest discomfort although i do have that in between my doses of xanax. But it feels different not stabbing or anything just kinda there. I have to wonder what the 2 nd pill will do to me kinda scared to take it

so it is going to be hard to get it down uhg. Glad you doing ok Lyn19944 keep going I am going to try to. and Marbel thanks for the info i hope i can find the courage to take it again today i just have to drive my kids to work and school and i have a to take one to the dr tomorrow so hoping i will be ok

• Posted

I also wanted to add that i take mine at 1045am and i have a rough time with balance and nausea til about

200 pm and then i get a BURST of energy and feel great not sure what the heck that is and also i did not really feel the need to take my 1 pm xanax like i have for 2 weeks?? All in my head i think IDK they say it dont work for weeks so it must be? I did feel yucky this am til i got up and around not sure when i should be tkaing it feeling this energy going on it is like a DOWN then UP thing going on

• Posted

Hi Marley

Have you thought of taking the citalopram at night?. I found this worked well for me. Also when I get stressed I take a magnesium tablet daily and it helps me relax. Generally I take one every day as a matter of course.

• Posted

magnesium is good for any nervous tension ie your neck too.
  • Posted

That is when the dr told me to take it originally,but i was a bit scared to being that it was a new med. I think since this is my 3rd day i should be ok taking it at night. I guess I can always switch back if it does not work.just scares me taking a new med at night that is all. thanks
  • Posted

High Marley 325 are you you still with us? How are you ?
  • Posted

Yep still here going into day 4 i took the 10 mg cit at 1045 am the first 2 days made me tired so i took it last night at 7pm and i was VERY nausea this morning. I did not take my xanax last night either but slept fine. Still have some weird achy pain throughout my chest that is not anxiety attack, Dr said not to worry ya ok. How are you doing? And I am hoping the side effects dont get worse before getting better take care.
  • Posted

I'm ok at the min. Like you I hope it doesn't get worse before it gets better. After the blip on the first day ,I've just had a bit of nausea and a head ache up to now. Let's pray for a smooth weekend. Speak soon ,keep your chin up !!!
  • Posted

Well i have been doing some research and I am 100% sure my Dr has talked me into taking this ssri and I do not really think that i need it. I mean yes i have anxiety but i am on xanax and up til 2 weeks ago i was taking different doses and not at the same times each day so i think i was having more anxiety nervousness from that. I started taking the xanax 1 mg split up 4 times a day at the same time every day and felt fine,I am also going back to work soon and have started PT for my pinched nerves and neck problems,I dont need another medicine to give me more problems if i can avoid it. I know it does help alot of people get there lives back and I could very well be that person but right now I just dont think I am taking it for me. I am thinking of stoppong it today I have taken 30 mg all together so i need to be sure that is ok and my Dr well she will jsut say keep taking it,just so I wont keep asking her WHY? anyway have not made up my mind just yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.