Anyone taken citalopram before? Advice needed.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have just been prescribed citalopram and just wanted to know whether it works and some experience you guys have had would be much appreciated.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I found citalpram reasonable easy to cope with in terms of side effects but didnt stay on it as I several months it didnt seems to chnage my mood enough or me to function. It didnt make me worse but didnt make a huge difference either. You have to give the meds a chance thou they all work in a slightly different way on the receptors in brain
  • Posted

Hi Emily

I've been on Citalopram for years for bipolar along with an antipsychotic called risperidone.  It took a me a few weeks to get used to, having been taken off Prozac which didn't seem to help, but when it had settled down my depression just dissapeared, I can definitley recomend citalopram and stick with it for a few weeks at the beginning, things will get better. :-)

I also take diazepam in small doses for anxiety and I take my citalopram in the morning as I found it interfered with my sleep.

Hope that helps

xxxxx

• Posted

is there any tabs for anxiety /depression that does not cause a dry mouth? My mouth was that dry before I started citalopram 10 mg. Even worse after taking them. Tongue stuck to roof of mouth. Horrendous. I had to stop the. But I need something as I am unable to feel rational at the minute
  • Posted

Hi, I'm finding it hard I'm on 20mg a day. And I've only been taking it for three days and I feel worse not better. I'm hopeful that I will balance out. this is the second time I been on it and I can say it did help me alot. so right now I don't know if I'm experiencing side effects. I think it's the anxiety that I can't shake off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.