Anyone taken Paxil for depression...experience?

Posted , 20 users are following.

Been on it 3 weeks sad

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi..i also have been on Paxil 20 mgs for 3 weeks and im supposed to start 1 pill and 1/2 starting tonight. The only side effects is the hunger..other than that nothing else. I just want to be happy..im so done feeling empty...i have PTSD. I cant wait to feel better.
  • Posted

I've been taking 10mg of paxil for 2 weeks. I feel worse than when I started taking it. I'm taking paxil for menopause and anxiety. I also take ativan. My 19 year old son shot himself 4 1/2 years ago. I've been on so many different anti depressant and anti anxiety meds. When will this start working? I feel like there is no hope for me.

• Posted

How are you doing now? I feel like there is no hope for me either! I am currently taking 60mg Paxil and have aniety attacks back to back
  • Posted

Hello I'd like to share my experience with Paxil and in general. I suffer from extreme depression and social anxiety, have always have a brain fog which greatly increased when near people, even loved ones. I've tried multiple medications, I was on the highest dose of Zoloft for a few years and I guess it worked as it should, but no antidepressant has taken away this fog and anxiety greatly. So I tried Paxil in mid 2016 at the dose of 10mg for a month and gave up, then switched to two other and they did nothing. So now I've been taking 20mg of Paxil for around.. 10 or 11 weeks and I feel a little bit of the same. No light switch, nothing to lift this fog or anxiety. I worry all the time and stressed for years and can't seem to figure my life out or why it doesn't work. I've tried benzodiazepines which they did greatly decrease my anxiety, yet I got addicted and drank more so then ever and kept getting in trouble with the law and it's still haunting from back in 2012. Something traumatic happened to me and it seems I can't escape it, nor do i really know what it was to start. I want to know if waiting on this pill will do anything.

• Posted

I read the posts how has the paxal worked out for you I just started it. What can help with depression until medicine starts working

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.