Anyone Totally Through Diazepam Withdrawal ?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hello,  looking for advice from anyone who has gone through diazepam withdrawal and is now 100% free.  I have been off them a while after a slow withdrawal but I am still having 'bad episodes'   feel as though I am in shock / on the verge of passing out It starts with general 'offish' feeling,  dry eyes and then as if I am wearing an Ice Cap,  this is quickly followed by cold sweats,  skin burning but shivering and rivulets of sweat running off me.  Bad Cramps in legs and arms,  joints feel as if they are coming apart.    Would love to hear from anyone who has fully recovered.  Thankyou and sincere good wishes for those still in withdrawal.

3 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have to wait until the kitchen stuff to arrive but I am really excited.

I bought a dinner set with poppies on and some tumbler glasses with poppies on.

The kitchen is going to be bright, light and welcoming.

I finally feel settled here and its a nice feeling.

I may have a terminal illness but that's not holding me back.

Take life by the horns and do as much as you can.

Life off diazepam is brilliant, amazing even, I was on it in and off for 35 yrs.

I am free now and I promise you will feel that way

too. Its worth getting your life back

Big hugs xxx

• Posted

Hello Linda,

Thank you for the private message,  I have replied to you a couple of times,    hope you have got them.

It is good that you feel settled and at home now,  and sounds like you are making your new home very warm and welcoming - just please be careful who you invite in,   as you have found out - the hard way, bless you,  there are folk out there who are not so nicesad

I am so sad to read that you have a terminal illness.   It is amazing that you have gone through all the withdrawal of 35 years on Diaz  bearing that in mind,   would be a reason to be on it for a lot of people, me included !!       Makes me feel quite tearful  when you say it is worth getting your life back,   knowing you have a terminal illness, must be hard for you to keep so positive at times.   You do wonderfully well my dear.

It is great that you are taking life by the horns and doing all that you do,     long may you be comfortable and getting all that you can from life.       I wish you happiness,  all the happiness you can pack in to your lovely home.

Warmest regards and hugs for you all

Jessie xxx

• Posted

This discussion is now closed.     

Jessie.

• Posted

Hi jessie

Its Ray here ....Thats a good way to go about your problem find some one with the same situation ....Thats how I found you...goodluck....I'll send you an e-mail latter

Thanks Angel

• Posted

I;ve just found or actually it found me an amazing deep centering meditation, I've tried so many and at present im in deep withdrawal.

They sent it to me for free, download it and they instruct you from there, not only does it give you deep physical and mental relaxation but helps control your mind.  I was climbin the walls today and gave it a go and it def helped The Silva Method, if you want any info let me know.  Although most new people on here are not answering me anymore, don't know why?  I still have the people i started with a year ago, so all good., Use to find this particular thread helpful, as of late I feel you guy's are al in all just writing to each other, so dont want t but it.

• Posted

Hey Jess. Yea I used to be on that drug for 16 years. I still get very nervous without it and its been 6months since I finished coming off it. I think it will finish eventually. It is just that shock to the body since its so used to the drug.
  • Posted

Heh Jessie,

First and foremost it can be done, i took up to 60 mg for 25 years, and had a hell of a time getting off it. 5 months of acute with drawl done but still working through it.

If possible, clear your calendar, let your friends and family know (don't cover any more), and get medical help, i didn't and i really should have.

Oh and it feels great once done.

Lots of Love

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.