Anyone tried Emuaid

Posted , 20 users are following.

i have just bought a tub of Emuaid from Amazon at £35 just wondered if anyone else has used it and if so what they thought of it, did it help with the skin fusion. 

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I use it every morning and night and use their's bar to wash with. It's takes a while but am clear at the moment. Everything looks healthy. Use the dermovate about once every 8 days once at night then back to the Emuaid. I can't praise it enough.
    • Posted

May I ask what you are using every morning and night and what bar you are washing with for your LS? Thanks
  • Posted

I've used Emu oil for a while.  But bicarb and water plus coconut oil do better with me.  Fusing is as good as gone.  Globetasol I use less and less.
    • Posted

Thanks for the response. Can you tell me if you put the coconut oil in the water with the bi carb or if you use them as to separate entities. Do you use the emu oil as well. The emu aid made me worse so not going to continue with that option but did by some coconut oil in Tesco not sure if it's the right one thou cos it's a solid lump like a tub of lard.
    • Posted

After every bathroom visit I rinse with bicarb in warm water. (three pinches in a spray bottle)  Then I cover the area with coconut oil.  This combo seems very beneficial.  Fusing gradually disappears. (Coconut oil is solid, like lard, and will become liquid when against the warm skin.)

This in combination with an alkaline diet.

• Posted

Thanks fingers crossed I have as good a response as other have had using the bi-carb spray and coconut oil 😃
    • Posted

Wishing you WELL.

Don't forget the alkaline diet. Definately part of the equation.

• Posted

Whats fusing? I am new to site and from canada. I am looking for help  - have recently developed patcheds on my back and breast but have had it on the vagina for about 5 years
    • Posted

The alkaline diet helps with the ph balance in the body.  As does the baking soda.  Somehow the LS reacts to this.  My nature path and GP immediately responded to my discovery by saying - accidity versus alkalinity.  But both had never thought of skin diseases being affected by this.  

I also had skin disease on hands and feet and that's gone too.  

Of course you have to be very diligent about it.  LS never leaves you.  But in this way I was able to make it liveable.

• Posted

Can i just ask as I’m brand new to this ls 

I have stiches from biopsy 

I’m itchy like crazy. 

Can you recommend what to do. Dr says no Dèrm cream to he’s official diagnosis. But I’m going crazy can you help advise 

Thank you friend 

• Posted

Helle Everyone,

I am new to this site.  I live in Victoria Australia and I was diagnosed with LS 4 years ago.  I have fusing which I had been told can't be reversed, so I have been very interested in the comments about the Coconut Oil.  I have been using Diprosone OV Cream and had most of the LS under control.  I see a Dermatologist 6 monthly.  To be honest I got slack with the cream and wasn't applying it twice weekly anymore.  So of course i have now active LS again but this time when I use the Diprosone OV Cream I am bleeding and sore.  I do not have an itch and hadn't had flare ups I found the LS originally whilst grooming the area.  I also have a leaky bladder, which the doctors will not correct,  so I have constant urine to skin contact which in my mind, is what has caused the flare up at the moment due to having a chest infection and continual coghing for months.  I started to use Organic Coconut Oil today to see how things go.  I would be grateful for any other tips as I was thinking about using Emuaid of Vaseline as a barrier but I thought I would try the Coconut Oil when I read the posts as I thought it might be gentler.

• Posted

Hi I am new to this sight! I was diagnosed in 2016 but took a year prior for the dr to figure it out! I tried emuaid and it seemed to work in between clobetisol but I had a horrible flare up recently and the irritation is felt 24/7 right now...
  • Posted

Hello my name is padma. I have LS for last 2 years. My dr advise me to use aquse cream . But it only help me for half hour I feel so down because of LS I am so glad that I can share my problem. I was thinking to buy emuid cream dose it help or not because its very expincev. Thanks for all tips and support.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.