Anyone Tried Homeopathic Treatment?

Posted , 11 users are following.

My Endocrinologist would like me to start Carbimazole but as I had a multinodal goiter says it probably wont work - I dont want to go on the jounrye of Carbimazole with its links to liver problems/Radioactive Iodine with its links to breast cancer or have it removed.

I have been given some fairly dire warnings if I dont take it.  However I have been prescribed spongia by a homeopathist and since taking it all the symptoms I expereinced which I now know are connected to an overactive thyroid have completely disappeard including palpitation and sevre skin itching particularly at night, as all the surrounding symptoms have disappeared and I feel very well I am considring refusing to start treatment - has anyone else seen a homeopathist?

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Jenny I have hyperthyroidism.  I refused prescription drugs and went on a veggie and protein diet. I took Bugleweed.,Lemon balm, plant Sterols, L-Carnitine, and B-complex. After 6 weeks my TSH, T3 and T4 blood tests were normal.  I continue the Bugleweed liquid and L-Carnitine daily and try to remember the other supplements but I feel much better and would try this.  I found this vitamin and supplement regime on line and it may work for you. My doctor knows I am doing this versus prescription drugs and since my blood tests are now normal she is not objecting.  Good Luck, with your journey.  

• Posted

Hi sissy

​It is a question about lemon balm. In wahat form do you take it? WHere do you buy it from?

​TIA.

• Posted

Its good to hear from someone who has actually refused them what happened when you refused were you stilll monitored then I'm a bit anxious about out and out refusal although I have a right not to consent how did the medical professionals respond to you refusing to take them?

• Posted

Hi

The lemon balm is in capsule form 1125mg. I take one a day.  Bought it at a health food store but will be purchasing in on line for next purchase.

• Posted

The methamazole I was prescribed made me a crazy person and I new I could not take it.  I pretty much flipped out on a phone call from my drs office so I think they just agreed to let me try the supplement route so I would calm down.  Any way I feel so much better on the supplements and I just wish MDs would educate themselves on supplements.  It is just easier to write out a script and send you on you way.I do have an apppt with an endocrinologist next month and I do believe in Drs but I also trust myself. 
    • Posted

Good for you for being an empowered patient, trusting yourself and being able to work With your doc.
    • Posted

well put and very sensible if I may say so.

​Thanks for your  reply  about the lemon balm.

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words.  Just an FYI, If you take nothing else in the supplement area, take the Bugleweed it has always been listed as the no.1 supplement for hyperthyroidism. I credit it with restoring my sanity.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.