Anyone using natural alternatives for relief?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm newly diagnosed, though have been suffering severely for years. Could anyone tell me what relief, if any, they may get from non-steroid, non- mainstream medicines eg. Manuka honey(the real stuff)/ organic honey, olive oil, aloe vera, or anything else. I am sure a lot of experimentation must be going on.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I use a honey soap that I purchased in Florida to shower with. Then Iliberally apply coconut oil everyday .. everyday..

I will occationally use Emu oil. I do not use any steriod. I am doing well.

• Posted

Borax SHOULD NOT be used on the skin! It is a skin irritant that damages skin: http://www.fda.gov.ph/attachments/article/19475/ao%20195%20s%201973.pdf

• Posted

Dear Cheryl,  many of us LS patients who are using Borax in diluted form, have benefitted.  Many do no longer use the steroid ointment as much, a creme that thins the skin and has a negative affect on cortisol production in your system, if your system happens to be sensitive to that. 

?However, the pharmaceutical industry would not like you to know about the beneficial affect of borax or baking soda.  This same industry, however, has meanwhile developed a skin creme in which you will find borax.  Don't you think that this is 'interesting'?

• Posted

I still don't understand how something that has a detergent in it can help. I say that and now am wondering what it has in it. I would think it would be drying out everything. Guess that's why I'm not a Dr.

• Posted

Dear heart, you are not correct. Look up earthclinic and check out theirBorax information, or Google "medical uses for Borax". Hanny is correct, the pharmaceutical industry makes money on "medications" not in natural products.

It has been six months since I started on the Borax, with my Docto's full approval! ALL of my symptoms completely stopped. I do keep the Clobetasol on hand just in case.

Good luck to you and good researching

• Posted

Although you can find this product in the laundry detergent department in the supermarket and I also use it to clean my clothes,  it actually is a mineral, a deep cleanser that in the past has been used in hospitals even.  I'm not a scientist or anything in that direction, but more info can easily be found. 

?Just as baking soda, these products have been household cleansers for as long as I can remember and my mom's mother already used these items for more than cleaning.  Call it old fashened, but it works.  Which is for me the most important part. 

?Yesterday I was at my gyno for my half yearly check up. Only the tiniest bit left at the very top that reminds of LS.  "Keep doing what you're doing ", my gyno says, "all looks very good."   I won't dispute that for a result of constant maintenance with baking soda and borax plus coconut oil for lubrication and the smallest amount of estrogen cream for elasticity. 

• Posted

Hi l have LS l use Manuka honeyNPA 5+ the higher the number the better £6 in Audi 5 ok for me first l use 4 drops of teatree oil in some warm water then put the honey on it is really healing when thing start to go dry or whatever down there hope this may help you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.