Anyone Wake up With Anxiety/Fear?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Ive been waking up with the "fear" and anxiety out of nowhere. I usually have to have a bowel move with it, and right afterward.the bowel move the anxiety.sets in full speed. I start shaking, trembling, and gets cold. The dr. said its generalised anxiety. Well i dont want this because it is horrible! Also, i have no appetite.and naseous in the morning. My.appetite usually increases in the evening. He gave me depression/ anxiety meds to take, he said it will help me.so i can get an appetite to eat and gain weight. Ive lost too much already, i dont want to lose more. Anyone ever had this experience or similar? And any experience with depression meds? I havent taken it yet, i am a bit scared too.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Mary, that s me all over girl I get that Anxiety/Fear too thank God someone at last come on here and mention it.. I get as I drifting off or when I waking up all to familiar it comes and goes like something frightening you use to be scared to go to sleep fearing what will happen as you said its horrible...yes I too lost weight few years ago and that was not good for me because at the time I was 9 stones and went down to 7 stones was scary worrying and vomiting with a upset stomach, I went on depressions meds but they made my dry mouth worst so. Don't take nothing for the menopause I'm afraid when I come over I will get worst..so far over the years I have been going through it some symptoms subsided and I was able to feel confident enough to go back on the streets and mix with people, but m still going through the crap and looking over my shoulder for something to happen to me, so I know what your going through it will stop with time Hugs.

• Posted

? you guys Maria76995 and Olimari2013 , you have no idea how your words comfort me. Just when you think that your question is stupid or you think that you're the only one who.is experiencing this. That is why i love this forum, ive tried fb forum but this one is the best! It is better than medical experts because we are the ones actually living it. Maria, did the depression meds help at all beside giving you a dry mouth? You mention you are able to go back on the streets, dear how long you've been going through this?

• Posted

Hi Mary, I have been going through peri for 8 years now and finish my periods next month..will,be in post at last..but I notice from June last year I started to feel better and some symptoms subsided but not out the woods yet though still can't nap on the Sofa like I use too waking up fuzzy eyes feeling weird..how about you what stage are you at with meno and how long  think everybody timing is different when the crap ends.

• Posted

Maria 8 years! Did you have severe symptons the whole time? For me, because I was such a busy person my symptons could have started sooner but didnt pay attention to them. But, when i did noticed it started last year at age 50 , nothing major.I couldnt sleep just wide awake at night, then a month before my bday it hit my digestion system and ever since one thing after.another. My mom and sisters was done at 52, I will be 52 this April. But my period is only skipping right now. I've always had an imbalance hormone problem and one ovary, maybe could be why im having such a hard time.

• Posted

Hi Mary I did not think my symptoms were severe like some people hot flashes were mild to moderate I had no headaches lot of Frightening symptoms feel like something going to happen to me Loads of palpitations insomnia nigh sweating shaking feel bad and so forth..but come last year it all died down one by one but as I said still going through it so ever small I'm so glad I'm sleeping again not feeling drunk in the head I hated so much..well I'm waiting to see as next month in Post what's next in line enough enough especially if you had these symptoms in peri 

• Posted

By the way my mum and aunt had hysterectomies due to fibroids so I can't go by them..my sister finish at 55 I think she is finish with the crap now 

• Posted

Ive never really had a really huge problem with sleeping, though i do experience it at times. I've been having the lightheadness, dizzy and off balance for the past 3 weeks. Ive had it before for weeks at a time. I started feeling better yesterday, I called my sister crying and when i got off the phone i felt better. Its like God touched me. I woke up with the anxiety and oddness throughout the day but nothing like before. I am continuing praising God. Last week my Pastor prayed over 7 bottles of water and gave me to drink every morning for 7 days. I finished the last one this morning. I havent felt this good in a long time, its not the best but I'm still grateful. Maria, there is hope and nothing is too BIG for the Almighty.

• Posted

HELLO MARY, I STARTED WITH PERIMENOPAUSE SYSTEMS ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO.  ANXIETY BEING THE FIRST AND WORST SYMPTOM OF THEM ALL!   IT GOT TO THE POINT WHERE AT EXACTLY 3 AM EVERY MORNING ON THE DOT I WOULD WAKE WITH MY HEART THUMPING AND INSTANT FEAR, ANXIETY AND DOOM AND GLOOM FEELING WOULD OVERCOME MY WHOLE BODY.  I THOUGHT I WAS LOSING IT!   I WAS 45 WHEN ALL THIS BEGAN AND WILL TURN 47 IN FEBRUARY.  I WANT TO SAY TO YOU I NEVER TOOK ANYTHING FOR THIS.  DR PRESCRIBED ME ANTI-DEPRESSANTS AND ANXIETY MEDS BUT I CHOSE NOT TO TAKE THESE MEDS BUT ITS UP TO YOU WHETHER OR NOT YOU THINK THEY MIGHT HELP YOU.  MAYBE THEY WILL AND IT DOES NOT HURT TO TRY.  DONT SUFFER NEEDLESSLY IF YOU DONT HAVE TOO.  BY THE WAY I AM DOING SOO MUCH BETTER AND IM NOT OUT THE WOODS YET BUT PLEASE KNOW IT GETS BETTER TRY AND KEEP BUSY EITHER WITH EXERCISE READING  WALKING WINDOW SHOPPING YARD SALES.  ANYTHING TO KEEP YOUR MIND BUSY.  ALSO HAVE YOUR THYROID CHECKED OUT BCUZ  SYMPTOMS FOR HYPO AND HYPER THYROID CAN MIMIC SYMPTOMS OF MENOPAUSE.  HANG IN THERE GAL WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS.  🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Posted

Olimari for some reason i think it could be my thyroid. Ive had bloodwork done several times, the first time it was.good, second time, dr. noticed numbers started changing but in range but barely, third time, it had changed to hyper, fourth time, it was hypo, then last checked it was normal. So yes, thyroid seem to be messed up . Im going to request to have it checked tomorrow. I have a feeling that it ciyld be hyper now because of all the symptons im feeling. Im kind of know when its swapping based on all the symptons i get. The time it seem normal is when or if i get a period.

Like now, im very naseous and feel like throwing up. Ive never had the throwing up sympton before.

• Posted

Hi, Olimari, wow you sound just like me.. I started my peri almost 2 years ago, at 45 and I will be 47, in January a month before you, I too had all these terrible symptoms of doom and gloom, depression, and anxiety and all though it's eased up a lot I am not out of the woods either! It's to coincidental that all these strange symptoms happen to us women right around the same age , and it hits you like you just ran into a brick wall.. I woke up with it one Sunday morning and it hasn't left me yet! I just wanted to share how simular our stories are...take care.

• Posted

Hi Mary, I did have this bad in the early am hours around 4 or 5 am, I would have to get up, I could not just lay there or it would get worse. And that grey cloud lasted until noon everyday like clock work ..I would get up make my food for the day because I can't eat much either so no processed anything, I would cook everything from scratch, and force myself to eat every 3 hours through out the day, I would put some laundry in , let the dogs out, clean my house, anything to keep busy, I would cry all the while doing it. And you know my peri/ me no started April 2016 so it will be almost 2 years, so I think it's letting up a bit for me, but definitely not out of the woods yet.. This rut of morning anxiety/depression hit me bad at about almost a year into peri, and lasted about 6 straight months, before easing up.. It was really bad and I really thought I was done for that is the way I felt. But something inside me and my aunt told me to keep pushing on and things will feel better, it wasn't easy but I did, and I don't feel nearly as bad as I did. I had overwhelming doom and gloom thoughts and I would cry and cry give myself migraines from all crying! You can do this your in the depression/anxiety part of peri, and I know it's not easy but if you keep busy, make yourself eat no matter what, and do your meditating, breathe, and do some of those apps online that you download for anxiety, you'll get through this part of it... P.M me if you need to talk to someone im here for you..??

• Posted

Hi Gypsy, yes been there and still sometimes still having this with out the Anixety/fear I think I would of been fine it has attack me in my bed, in the shops on the phone around people and I stop socializing because as soon as I am around people I feel giddy and weird and want them to leave and can't wait for them to get up and go...I having getter since this time and started slowly going out and about but not like how I use too I want the old me back with out fearing this or that,prayers to all of us going through this and with all my heart we all come out smiling again Hugs.

• Posted

WOW! GYPSY YOU JUST DESCRIBED ME TO THE “T”.  I STARTED ALL THIS MARCH OF 2016.  BUT I TOO AM FEELING MUCH MUCH BETTER.  HANG IN THERE LADIES WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER!  🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Posted

Olimari I hope so that there's is end to this very soon I'm out of peri this month and with time everthing will ease up for us all bless you.

• Posted

Hi Maria, yes me too! Once the anxiety took over, I couldn't shop in big stores barely made it through the small convenient stores.. It was just ridiculous...And same here with socializing forget it, I go nowhere and I do nothing, I stay home in my safe zone period.. But as time goes by its easing up a bit, and with therapy, meditation and breathing, all this helps a lot. I can't wait to say my symptoms are gone for good..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.