Anyone Wake up With Anxiety/Fear?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Ive been waking up with the "fear" and anxiety out of nowhere. I usually have to have a bowel move with it, and right afterward.the bowel move the anxiety.sets in full speed. I start shaking, trembling, and gets cold. The dr. said its generalised anxiety. Well i dont want this because it is horrible! Also, i have no appetite.and naseous in the morning. My.appetite usually increases in the evening. He gave me depression/ anxiety meds to take, he said it will help me.so i can get an appetite to eat and gain weight. Ive lost too much already, i dont want to lose more. Anyone ever had this experience or similar? And any experience with depression meds? I havent taken it yet, i am a bit scared too.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, I wake up with anxiety around 5 am or so.  I hate it because my mind starts going  and just wish I could relax and sleep a bit longer.   I don't think I have anything to really worry about so I don't know what the problem is.  My appetite comes and goes which is fine because I wouldn't mind losing some weight.  I think this is common because there are a few older ladies that I work with and they have problems with gaining weight.   The one told me that she hardly feels like eating anymore.

• Posted

Constantly happens especially when I'm just sitting around or watching something stressful on TV. I feel old, ugly and fat too. I was just crying today because of these negative feelings. I watch these beautiful and perfect women on tv and get depressed knowing I'll never be able to look like that. I look at myself in the mirror and feel disgusting. I know people say, You're only as old as you feel. I feel like I'm 70 and I'm only 51. Watching all the young people with all their energy and beauty makes me green with envy. My depression and anxiety starts in the morning, leaves for a bit in the afternoon, then around 5 it gets pretty bad. Like another lady said on here, it's like it happened overnight. I keep praying my old self will return. I do take a 1/4 pill of Xanax when needed, but I put it off as long as possible. Thank you so much for being open about the anxiety part because so far that is my main issue day in and day out. Hugs!!!!!°

• Posted

I know Laura i feel the same way, I was once this active person who loved to dance. Just yesterday, I had to turn down an invite I received over a week ago lefted on my voice mail. I dread calling back to say no i cannot accept this invitation to.dance at your.function because i am not that person right now. I looking fraile , I ve lost so much weight and cant seem to even stay on balance walking ...😓 I am 51 too Laura, but before I didnt feel or look like it. But this is only temporary Laura we must keep telling ourselves that. This too shall pass. That.d--n anxiety sucks ! If it wasnt for that i.dont think it would be soo bad. I do see improvement in other symptons but anxiety is.a bad spirit. But it has to.go too because nothing last forever. I dont know if you are a believer or not but what ive started doing is , i get a Bible scripture everyday and i meditate on it throughout the day. It helps me a whole lot! HUGS !!

• Posted

Thank you Mary. I know I had many of the other physical issues the other women have discussed on here and those have finally started to subside. I got through them and started feeling a little better. Then one day it seems I woke up with this debilitating anxiety and depression and it feels like this will be the one to do me in sometimes. It feels endless to where I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. But people like you and another nice lady on here who I write to now and then seems to give me hope. If you ever want to write privately that would be fine. Thanks again Mary. 😊

• Posted

Thank goodness for this forum. I am 50 years old, and things started falling apart last year.  I vacillate between anxiety, ocd, depression, and insomnia. At times, I feel myself. Maybe for a week or two, or three. But then  everything returns,  with a vengeance. It is just awful. And when I am feeling well, I am always anticipating the worst. I pray this will all end.  The only things that give me relief are meditation, and breathing exercises. And of course Ativan and a drink.  This forum is also a life saver.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.