Anyone with H pylori

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am being tested for this in one weeks time absolutely scared stiff If I find out I have it

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thankyou suzanne did you have the sedation or just the throat spray
    • Posted

Just a very mild relaxant and then throat spray. I was conscious and could communicate so must have been very mild. It was over before you knew it. Please don’t worry. 
    • Posted

Hi Royalty,

Don’t know if you’ve had your test yet but I’ve  had several endoscopies with the throat spray only. I also know other people who have had the same with no problem.

It is a little uncomfortable but it’s over quickly. I just breathe deeply and concentrate on relaxing and it’s not bad at all.

If you’re anxious together with the relaxant you will be ok, no need to worry.

I have had H-pylori several times which has left me with gastritis.

My symptoms are nausea, bloating, upper stomach, chest and back pain. I also get a nipping type nerve pain in the top of my left arm. I have found I don’t have this last symptom when I have gastritis only when I have H-pylori.

I don’t fully understand this but think it’s referred nerve pain from my stomach.

Treatment for H pylori is simple two types of antibiotics for 7 days along with a PPI which you continue to take for at least 3 weeks. Ask for a retest 2 weeks after treatment is complete.

A healthy diet is recommended and I like to take a good quality probiotic.

Best wishes

• Posted

No I haven't had it yet the endoscopy I'm due to have blood test in two days time and depending on results they will take it from there. I have really bad burning pain in both shoulders n heavy arms both arms I've never experienced anything like it it's awful thankyou so much for your post to me

• Posted

What meds are you taking for the gastritis are you in uk
  • Posted

Yes I’m in the uk.

I take 20mg omeprazole. I was recently on 40mg for a 3 month period of treatment and I’m to be reviewed in November.

Your burning pains could be from fom your neck. I am recovering from a recent double ACDF with fusion surgery and have other spinal problems. Pains tingling and numbness in the upper back, shoulder arms and hands can be from the cervical vertebrae. Don’t panick though this can be successfully treated with physio, surgery is a last resort.

I think you need to take  one thing at a time and let your doctor decide the best action. If its H pylori it’s easily treated

• Posted

Yes that's so true, one step at a time I'm keeping positive until I know more very early days yet thankyou x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.