Apparently I'm a "normal" woman!!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Well I finally had my gyne consultation today and boy was I annoyed, dismayed, confused, upset........!!!!

Apparently, as I'm having regular periods I'm NOT menopausal nor am I peri menopausal!!!!  I was gobsmacked to say the least.  So WHY did my doctor put me on HRT for 3 years and why am I experiencing bodily and mood changes?  HRT never helped my hot sweats much to be honest but I was on a low dose.  My mood has gone downhill , I've gained so much weight and I've noticed changes with my periods even if they haven't actually stopped or even missed yet!!  My hormone tests were normal and according to the consultant if I'm still having periods then I'm ovulating regularly etc etc!!!

So at the age of 51 I've yet to even start any peri symptoms.  I'm just totally bewildered.  IF I'm not peri then what is causing my symptoms?

Anyone advise above and beyond a Gyne Consultant who reckons she has done her job for years and knows better than us women on a forum!!  Her words not mine sad   It's MY body and I know what is going on regardless of how long she has worked as a Gyne Consultant!!

E. xx

P.S.  Feeling so damn p**** off right now sad

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Elaine127, I am now 55 but at 51 started to get awful peri symtpoms - regular periods but had the rest going on!  Doctors kept doing blood tests, then saying i was slap bang in the middle of normal! -  'come back in 6 months for more tests!' Did so and got same responses. Eventually after nearly 2 years like this i had hot flash in the surgery and female doctor said yes you are peri, blood tests are not conculsive - there are lots of posts on here where people have found the same.  I dont do HRT as had lumpectomy / lots MM's but now take natural  progesterone cream.  Haven't had a period for almost a year now, 

Decide what you want to do - try naturla stuff, all forms of HRT are only delaying.... i am now (albeit it may be temporary) pretty much nausea and hot flash free so i'm now conctentrating on trying to sort out my cracked and thinning skin hair and nails and weight gain!  

good luck and you do know your body better!

• Posted

Hi ladies

I would like to thank everyone for all their replies.

Danne _ i think i will persevere with the vitamins and herbal tablets. I know my body and the various changes going on despite what any consultant says!

Still dont fancy the Mirena coil but may change my mind if my peri symptoms get worse.

Thanks again for all your advice ladies smile

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.